Clear vinyl vs. regular black vinyl

I just got my second clear vinyl record yesterday, the Stones Hot Rocks on 180g, not from any special manufacturer like MFSL or Analogue Productions and the like. The first one was Donald Fagen Sunken Condos. These albums sound particularly good for not being pressed by a "special" audiophile label.

Is this just a coincidence or is it better, and if so, why aren't more records produced this way? I heard that eliminating the dye in the vinyl could improve the sound, but I was wondering if there is a consensus out there. 

I'm not talking about other dye colors or ones with pictures on them, just plain clear vinyl.

Thanks.
sokogear
Post removed 
I do not know what is true, the whale oil used, the hazardous environment for workers in production or lack of interest as they never licensed the formula to someone else.
@bdp24 - The clarity vinyl is what is being used on a new release of Kind of Blue marketed as a UHQR (although not the same as the UHQRs made by MFSL in the early 80s) they're selling for $100 as the best re wording of KoB ever. I won't bite though - I have it on a 45 from MFSL. Interestingly enough, this new one is 33 1/3. They'll probably release it on 45 next and charge $125....

My 2 clear records are just clear, not cloudy/milky, but they sound great.

@teo_audio - JVC vinyl was used by MFSL in the late 70s/early 80s. Not sure what they use now, but the newer releases sound great to me - especially the 45s.

Now to find come clarity vinyl LPs....
Cannonball Adderley - Something else, Classic Records on Blue Note, Clarity SVP II 45rpm.