Clear vinyl vs. regular black vinyl

I just got my second clear vinyl record yesterday, the Stones Hot Rocks on 180g, not from any special manufacturer like MFSL or Analogue Productions and the like. The first one was Donald Fagen Sunken Condos. These albums sound particularly good for not being pressed by a "special" audiophile label.

Is this just a coincidence or is it better, and if so, why aren't more records produced this way? I heard that eliminating the dye in the vinyl could improve the sound, but I was wondering if there is a consensus out there. 

I'm not talking about other dye colors or ones with pictures on them, just plain clear vinyl.

Thanks.
sokogear
No idea but I would think the materials used by the pressing companies would be the cheapest material that got the job done correctly (i.e. black vinyl). On the other hand I'm sure there are better materials out there but they might be cost prohibitive for high output production.  
Natural pvc has no colour, pure, additives and black carbon strengthen the lp. That means in the long run black ones would last longer.
All that matters is the quality control at mastering and production.
Never followed up to find out if it was an old wives tale, but remember reading that the carbon black in the vinyl cut down static electricity.