Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
+1 dorkwad
I had the V2 SE's, but the 2 Ohm Thiel speakers they powered needed still more juice. Recently changed to a VTV Pascal L-Pro2S amp. Now more controlled and a feeling of effortlessness, more detail as well, but not quite the same warmth as the NuForce. Still a long way from "dry and lifeless" though.
I recently auditioned a 100wpc Rotel integrated amp, with a Rotel CD player, with some $10,000 speakers that are a much newer version, but one model down from my own.  By its size, the amp must have been a Class D.  It also sounded very electronic, very much like my Crown IC 150, as far as I can remember back that far.  If this represents Class D sound, I would not be a customer for it.  Even the sales person finally admitted that it was not really expected to be used for long term listening.  Is Rotel actually Class D now? 
It's ridiculous to lump class D amps together as having a particular sound. It's just as nuts as lumping together all class A/B amps, or tube amps together. The variety of amplification outcomes in each type of amp is so varied that I challenge anyone to be able to reliably say which type is playing in a blind test. There are dry-sounding tube amps, wet sounding class D, neutral sounding variants in each class. This is a tired subject, which doesn't merit further examination. I would rather be listening to my music....and I don't care which amp is hooked up...
I was reading a readers comment thread on an article about the Covid virus origins in China.  One reader was mouthing off about how we need to go to war against China for allowing the virus out of their labs.   Well first of all, we don't know exactly where this thing came from and secondly, I asked this commenter if he has ever worn a military branch uniform and if he has any experience with wars?   I never got a reply back; my guess is that this guy has not put his money where his mouth is and therefore he should refrain from suggestions of bombing another country unless he fully understands the consequences of that.  
I will use this above analogy in terms of Class D amps:  unless you have experience with some really good Class D amps, don't tell us about how bad they are.   There are some really crappy Class D amps out there, I have heard them, but they also do not cost much money to buy and therefore most likely have not had a lot of good engineering design going into them.   I currently own a pair of Anthem M1 Class D mono block amps and I can assure you that these extremely well engineered amps, not using any ICE type modules, but rather Anthem proprietary liquid cooled output designed sections amazes me in how good it sounds.   I also have a very well regarded Class A/Ab amp and the Anthem Class D amp blows it out of the water in all aspects, hand down.
My monster A/Ab amp sucks down a lot of electricity, makes a ton of heat and runs out of headroom under heavy loading.  My Anthem Class D's make almost no heat, use very little power when not being asked to and have immense headroom with 2000 watts per channel at 4 ohms nominal.  They exhibit almost no distortion and have silky smooth audio ranges.  There is virtually no upper frequency harshness as I have heard in the lower priced Class D type amps using the ICE modules.  I can listen to the Anthems for hours on end with nothing but smooth sound and immense output.