What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
Hey ghosthouse -
This one’s for you. Joanne Shaw Taylor, Songs From The Road - CD/DVD Live set. I believe she’s a great Blues song writer, vocalist and one of the best Blues guitarist around.

A song from her White Sugar CD, "Watch ’Em Burn" live. As discussed in the past, I really believe she shows much more of her abilities when performing live and untethered.

https://youtu.be/n9LyKLPoP_s

N
Been listening to old american gramophone recordings in digital on vintage speakers to see just how much i missed in the first twenty five to thirty years of listening to these recordings the first time and i am learning that i never actually heard them in the right tone or sound quality it is like hearing them all for the first time.
Thanks, Nutty. I’ll have to check that specific JST live track later this evening. I know I’ve sampled her live stuff in the past...just didn’t click for me the way some of her studio albums do. But I’ll give her live another shot.

Welcome, Speakermaster.  How did you end up with digitized gramophone recordings?  DIY??

Nutty - okay! I can hear what you like in that track. Great energy. GREAT playing. No shrinking violet she. Love her soloing when she stretches out. Definitely sounds like someone worth seeing/hearing live. BUT at the same time I quickly remembered what I did not like about that recording during past listening attempts. Gosh, it sounds like a bootleg somebody made with a handheld mike towards the back of the hall. Kinda muddy, distorted and flat/compressed (not to put too fine a point on it). The drums are buried in muck (which is real sad since I think her drummer is good! Given how great sounding live recordings can be it annoys the heck out of me that "recording professionals" think it’s okay to put out shlock like that. She deserves better. No offense to you intended. I did continue listening and enjoyed her playing throughout...creative and fresh; held my interest on later tracks like Diamonds in the Dirt, Kiss The Ground and Just Another Word. The album’s a good "ambassador" for her live show but yeesh people - fix the sound!