Affordable anti-jitter device

Hi all,

I've recently consolodated to a universal player to conserve my limited shelf space. For redbook I use my universal (a Denon 1920) as a transport and have it outputting to a Musical Fidelity X-ACT DAC.

I feel like I lost a small amount of "luster" when I switched transports (though not nearly as much as I'd feared I would). My question - would an anti-jitter device help me?

If so, a local store has an Audio Alchemy DTI for $99, is that my best bet? What other affordable ones are out there?

My system and budget are decidedly mid-fi, so < $200 would be ideal.
hudsonhawk
Hi
My first and only Audio Alchemy product was the early DDE v1
and it was a good product.But I strongly recommend the Genesis Digital Lens.I got two of them and WOW they are very good,especially for older digital gear.Look for a used one for about 450-550$ range depending on condition/seller.
Audio Alchemy is no longer supported for repairs.
Best of luck
George
Monarchy Audio DIP is a value buy that outperforms more expensive alternatives. They sell here used in the $150-200 range.
Third the DIP, but get the latest incarnation "DIP classic". It's a true resampler, rather than a phase locked loop, and it is somewhat better than the older generations.

Alternatively you could sell the MF DAC and get a Benchmark,
On paper these devises work but in real life, well I have been disapointed and I owned the Sonic Frontiers jitter bug and the Monarchy DIP, sold both few weeks later. As I mentioned in another thread that they do give you a bit more detail but mess with all other areas with a non musical sound, mind you this was my system and your results could be different! Not trying to slam these products but they just didn't work for me and feel that they are just a band aid approach. You end up having one extra IC, power cord in the chain along with another piece of equipment to isolate.