Marantz SA-10 arriving Monday!

I've been hearing and reading all I can about this player during this last year. I have a 6005 right now and it's a nice player but not as good as my analog rig (10k) so it's not a fair comparison. Elizabeth mentioned that her SA-10 is better than her analog. I will be comparing the 2 SACD players side by side. I have at least 3 CD's in which I have duplicates. I'm fascinated about how the circuitry upsamples to DSD SACD. Well not exactly but somehow an improvement over Redbook CD. I have a 2" thick maple block coming in the same day for it. It's going to be a long weekend. I know it can't work miracles on all CD's. If there is jitter in the recording then supposedly you will never get that out. Speak up if I'm wrong about that.
128x128blueranger
blueranger

How is the SA-10 doing in your room/system?
I recently picked up the SA-11S2 player for my collection. My 1st Marantz !!!

Happy Listening!
SA-10 is a stellar multi-talent player. This replaced an Esoteric K-01 which was great, but I don't miss it at all. I enjoyed my time with it. The Marantz needs a top-grade power cord, I found the Audioquest Blizzard and Thunder to bring out all the musical ability this player has, I heard it sound thin, all by switching a power cord, so this tells you how important a power cord is the 1st piece of gear that will feed the rest of your system. The power supply is larger and you can tell because the chassis becomes very warm, while past players like the SA7s1 did not. My Esoteric got very warm also in fact much more, due to it having 4-transformers in the power supply. Well made CD players are like phono cartridges, each gives you a different balance of sound, Esoteric was upfront, dynamic taking no prisoners, the Marantz is about balance, elegance, more laid, back but more natural sounding, it does not throw music at you it presents it to you so you feel like your listening to a performance in from of you. It can rock, the bottom end can shake your room if your speakers are up to it, yet the midrange and highs sound just right, open, airy, with vocals having body and weight to them to sound real. A very nice player, grab one while you can, sounds best using XLR outputs.  
Phillyb you are right on the money, the SA compete with my analog set up, The dynamic of the SA 10 is unlimited.using good pc will give you more.  I read a review of the SA 10, the reviewer said, He thinks it’s the best sacd player regardless of price? Of course not, But it will keep you sitting on your chair longer than you plan. 
You better be prepare to buy quality cabling to enjoy the SA 10, the better the cabling , the better this unit perform.