Why don't more recordings have soundstage outside of speakers

I always enjoy it when the recording has mixing that the instruments are well outside of the speakers.  I think it's really cool and what justifying spending extra dollars for the sound.  I just wish more recordings would do that.  Most of them would just have the sound from in between the speakers.

What are some of your favorite recordings that have an enveloping soundstage well outside of the speakers?
andy2
@mahgister

You should have an internet site where we could send you , pictures and dimentions of our rooms .
And received advice from you about :
Controls of vibrations, control of electrical noise floor and acoustic control.
For my and others benefit

I am just an average audio lover...

But without money....

I have been in the obligation to think about my system limitations...

My thread explain or describe my journey....

"Miracles in audio.... "

It takes time tough for me and many years of listening experiments, but if someone know where to begin it is more simpler....

In my thread they are ideas that cost peanuts only....

The geatest deception in audio is not so much "snake oil" products....

It is their high price....

Then i decided to replicate some or creating mine....

Read my journey....

My basic advice is dont upgrade if not necessary, embed all your piece of gear rightfuly, and remember that we can change the S.Q of a room completely by a single straw.... Like changin a piece of gear...

Anybody can control all the acoustical factor with a dedicated room....
A dedicated room is the only necessary costly factor in audio....

I never bought any products costing more than a few bucks to do the job...

It is not worthy to have the best system in the world not worthy at all.... It is way more satisfying to have one of the best system in relation to the ratio S.Q./Price.... 

Be creative, dont listen those who want you to purchase costly upgrading illusions to chase the moon , dont buy costly cables, and create fun little listening experiments one at a time...

You will have fun et you will create your bliss by yourself....

My best to you....
It's setup AND components as much or more than the recording with a few tricked out exceptions.
I put the speakers on springs and the doundstage widened out and jumped back.
A DAC upgrade even more so.
in my experience it doesn't require hotrod recordings or esoteric speakers. using a pair of magnapans in the midfield [6-7 feet from plane of speakers]  i routinely heard a hemispheric stereo sound field ["ear to ear"] like a distant pair of headphones but with solid center fill, using equilateral positioning, on a wide variety of stereo recordings including a 1958 recording [on CD] of organist korla pandit [born john roland redd], his greatest hits [still in print IIRC], got the same result playing this CD through a pair of mirage omnipolar speakers listened to in the near field [3-4 feet, again equilateral positioning but positioned in the dead center of the room both horizontally and vertically] plus the latter speakers were far more holographic in their stereo presentation with gobs and GOBS of depth, the sound went behind my ears [beyond ear to ear] even. the mirage [aptly named jewel of a speaker] did this trick with just about any standard stereo recording. they were somewhat hot in the trebles, however. 
in my experience it doesn’t require hotrod recordings or esoteric speakers. using a pair of magnapans in the midfield [6-7 feet from plane of speakers] i routinely heard a hemispheric stereo sound field ["ear to ear"] like a distant pair of headphones but with solid center fill, using equilateral positioning, on a wide variety of stereo recordings including a 1958 recording [on CD] of organist korla pandit [born john roland redd], his greatest hits [still in print IIRC], got the same result playing this CD through a pair of mirage omnipolar speakers listened to in the near field [3-4 feet, again equilateral positioning but positioned in the dead center of the room both horizontally and vertically] plus the latter speakers were far more holographic in their stereo presentation with gobs and GOBS of depth, the sound went behind my ears [beyond ear to ear] even. the mirage [aptly named jewel of a speaker] did this trick with just about any standard stereo recording. they were somewhat hot in the trebles, however.
It is possible to do that with box 2 way speakers like mine but with acoustic control of the room, if not, my speakers will not deliver it...

But i lived exactly what you describe in my 2 listening position....nearfield and regular....Without"being hot in the treble" tough... 😊

This hemispheric soundstage and imaging with depth is easier to win with other types of speakers than mine, like omnidirectional one, but it is possible with any good speakers if you control the room response to the speakers with mechanical equalization modulo Helmholtz resonators....( it is not the samething that the speakers response to the room with electronical equalization) It is necessary also to control reverberation time and timing thresholds of the side and back reflected waves coming from EACH speaker for EACH ear....

by the way this Korla Pandit is well recorded even coming from youtube....Even from youtube i get this hemispheric soundfield... I get it with too many other recordings also to mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4edPUBfg4

And for example this POP piece will do the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yix8PZKlw

But this opera of Kurt Weill is a better test for listening voices all around you and half of the time from your back also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR33bL5aNTk&list=PLnQJF3Qi_4_CvjtOvZypmfmC4ygxSxOgm&index=52&t=392s

I used a pair of Spica TC-50s on stands for years and thought they imaged well. Replaced them with a pair of Magneplanar MG-1.5QRs and the imaging is other worldly - perhaps too much at times but quite entertaining (and revealing) .