Looking for bookshelf upgrade from B&W DM302s

Currently hooked to a Rega Brio-R w/ Dac Magic. I play mostly lossless files from a NAS, but occasionally vinyl. Unfortunately, I have pretty eclectic listening: led zeppelin to liszt, so to speak. I love the DM 302s, but it just seems like something is missing. Some "oomph." (...and I dont want a sub.)

I have been eyeing: B&W 685, Dali Ikon I MkII, Epos Epic 2, Rega RS1, and Vienna Accoustics Haydn Grand.

I would like to spend less than $1k.

Would anyone 1) steer me away from any of these, or 2) have any other suggestions?

As always I will try before I buy if I can...ideally at home, but we'll see how good the dealers are (especially unlikely for under $1k speakers?). Also, if I audition them elsewhere, they will likely be on a different system and/or not broken in.

Thus my post looking for experience. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
dcowen1234
My Dad has had both the B&W DM302 and the DM303 speakers. I liked the DM303 speakers a lot better than the DM302. I say for under $1k maybe try to find used B&W CM5 speakers. Another bookshelf that I thought sounded better than the DM302 was the KEF Q300. They can be found for under $400 now.
Thanks everyone for the responses...I haven't been online because we have had a power outage since last Wednesday (seattle area). Also no stereo. Oh well. Anyway, I will keep everyone updated as to what I try.
Hi Dcowen1234

Here is another set of speakers that I really enjoyed more than the DM302 but for certain music a subwoofer would be needed. They are easy to drive and sounded sweet to me when I heard them.

TANNOY Mercury m1 - Cherry (Made in UK)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TANNOY-Mercury-m1-Cherry-Made-UK-/280812833023?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4161bfc8ff

I have no affiliation with this seller btw.
Those Tannoys look great...I have certainly heard great things about the brand. My brother has a pair similar so maybe I will borrow and check them out.

I am beginning to wonder if I should just get a subwoofer? I guess I've never really used one. What are the drawbacks to that? Ill search around on the forum, so if there has already been a thread on this, disregard my question...!
Thanks
Actually, I think I cant plug a sub into the Brio-R. Nevermind.
Thanks again for all the replies.