Using 2 different brands of interconnects?

Is there any problem with this if the cables are in the same ballpark in quality (or price)? Do cables have such different sound signatures that things get muddied or cancelled out?

Forgive my ignorance. This is my first venture into the topic. I'm talking about under $100 gear for a meter length..
128x128m669326
The size of the wires matter more than anything else, as for the material copper is pretty good for sound next is gold after that light or mercury whatever you fancy. Most high end cables are just a gimmicks, remember that sound has reached its limits and all has been discovered so now companies have to make something up to make new big sales.
"...sounds like yet another gender-bending event to me..." *smirk*

IC miscegenation events recorded at AG are never really over....;)

The purists stand, aghast: "How could you?!  OMG...."

Rather easily, actually...*L*
@m669326:  You will get as many recommendations here as there are people to make them.  I’ve only been pursuing this hobby for a bit over a year, so I do not have the years of experience that many here do.  Also, the total cost of my gear is only about $7,500 and others here might have systems costing $20,000 or more. So what matters to them doesn’t necessarily apply to me.  

I started out a cable skeptic, going truly cheap.  As people here I consider knowledgeable think cables are important, I looked to improve my cables, though I still didn’t want to spend a lot.  The same people often think it best to stay with a given brand of cables.  Some well-regarded cable brands make cables in a wide range of prices, so I looked mostly to the more affordable versions of Silnote and Audioquest brands.  I have not purchased any Blue Jeans or Schmidt cable, but they are affordable and seem well thought-of.  I think it is reasonable to stay within a budget and enjoy the music that gives you.  Others here would likely disagree.

I still didn’t answer your question, but I thought I could provide a perspective as to how to approach quality audio on a budget.  
HiFi is probably the least rigorous hobby extant. BS abounds. Doubly so in cables. The complete system is what is matters. IGNORE ALL SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATIONS. Even if the opinion is accurate, it only applies locally.

The lack of evaluation rigor coupled with probably shot hearing and intoxicants invalidates some of the biggest bloviators.

Comprehend ieLogical CableSnakeOil and use what sounds well in your system.

Personally, I have 6 different manufacturer’s cables in my tri-amped dual sub-woofer system because each sounds best in that location.
Some Good advice here. I was skeptical of the benefits of cables. I had purchased the entire gamut of BlueJeans Cable and thought I was done. But, I was testing out CD players and ended up bringing my entire system including speakers to compare and contrast players on My system. After trying 7 different CD players I chose a Cambridge.

But then, just for fun I tried 3 different Patch cords. I only changed one set, from the source, CD player into my Pre-amp. When I tried the AudioQuest Waters the change was HUGE. The sound opened up, I heard separation and clarity.  I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't want to spend $500 for two wires. But it had to be done. And it was well worth it. 

BUT! I should have stopped there? I went down the very expensive trail of wires. I have a Pre-Amp and two Amps. All of which take wires. The upgrade to all AQ' Waters made a difference. I then went to Earth's. Subtle, but a change. Speaker wires too. Oaks. Smoother. No one with ears could deny the changes. But... was it worth it on my system? Maybe. To do it again, I would definitely change the source wires to quality ( side by side test if you can ) Change the speaker wires and be done. 

BlueJeans were a good upgrade and they sounded equal to the AQ Gibralters. But for me the sweet spot was the Waters. Your ears may vary. But don't let anyone tell you wires don't make a difference.