McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark
Regarding phono stage - I use my C2600 phono stage for my Rega P8 and listen to LPs about a third of the time versus hi-res streaming.

I anticipate the C2700 phono stage is equally as good
C2700 update, It turned out to be a bad Audio board... 2.5 months and three trips to the repair shop, (400 miles to and fro) and it’s fixed... Yea! I also replaced all the tubes with vintage RCA’s just in case the crummy Mac tubes were stressed from the ordeal as it sounds absolutely gorgeous. Yippie!
I had always wanted Mac gear since I was a kid, and once I did try a 302 amplifier and actually didn’t like it with my speakers at the time (surprising!)

But, a couple of months ago as I decided to make a change to my Pass Combo (which I loved), and almost spur of the moment took a roll of the dice on the C2700 and the MC462.

The amp is well reviewed, and considered to be very neutral (it is).  The pre-amp I was interested in the built-in DAC, and trying tubes.

In short - I absolutely love the combo, and I’ve found the C2700 to be the real gem of the combo.  (For a short while I was able to run the C2700 with the Pass X250.8).  There was a slight difference in sound but the C2700 played a bigger role than the X250.8 or the MC462.

Frankly I do not need all the inputs as I run a streamer and HT bypass.  But I really like the built-in DAC along with the tubes.  Accurate, and the tubes add just a bit of what I wanted them to do.  Soundstage is huge and the midrange, particularly guitars are just awesome.  

It’s a great pre-amp (coming from a pass xp20 that I also really liked).  I never say never on upgrades, but I see this one in the system for a while.

f you are buying a new C2700, expect no discount. If it’s a C2600 or C2500 which have both been discontinued than expect a discount. McIntosh is very strict with the pricing on current equipment and most (notice I said most) dealers won’t give a discount out of fear of getting in trouble with them. Why do you feel a discount is warranted on new McIntosh equipment?  You don’t get it on most other high end equipment. I realize your Parasound BHK was probably discounted as they always seem to be but not usually so with McIntosh. If you want a big discount with Mac, then buy used. AC would probably laugh if you asked for a discount on new Mac, it just won’t happen.

I know I am bumping an old thread, but i stumbled upon this while doing some research for my C2700. Saying you can't buy McIntosh products with a discount from the dealer is 100% poopy. In fact, I just bought the C2700 and MX123 new from a dealer and received a 20% discount on one and 24% on the other. I have bought a total of 11 Mac pieces from this dealer and have never paid full retail, even on the first ones.

I recently purchased a new MA9500 from my local Magnolia and got 16% off and received the amp a week after I ordered it.  Right place at the right time!  The reason I got it so quickly is the original person that ordered it canceled their order and the amp was shipped to my local store from another location.