Physically connect a Bluesond Node 2i to a downline, stand alone Chord Qutest DAC

I want to use my Bluesound Node 2i as just a streamer...then connect it to the Chord Qutest DAC.  Is there is anyone out there who has done this and, if so, what physical connection did you use? Jim 
pfeiffer
I’m starting to doubt that digital outputs from the Node 2i are bit perfect.
Some processing is going on in there before the digital output.
Otherwise, how to explain the extreme (in my system, to my ears) similarity of Node 2i internal DAC and Qutest feeding off the Node?
When I A/B test Qutest against other DACs using USB and UAPP, the differences are obvious.
But everything downstream of the Node 2i sounds the same (in my limited experience)?
That seems plain wrong.
Nothing against the Node, it’s a fantastic product. Just puzzled as to why my precious Qutest, which is meant to be a pretty significant 'upgrade' to it, sounds EXACTLY the same as its internal DAC.
@hilly230  
First off. In general, regardless of source device, bits are never just bits; with respect to the Bluesound Node in particular, some of its flavor is being imparted, even if you are using its digital outputs (it's like there will always be some NAD in there, and that "NADness" can never be completely eliminated). The Qutest is a highly resolving DAC. In my opinion it's in another league as compared to the Node's internal DAC.  That being said, the Node's internal DAC is very listenable all on its own. 
I also think that the Node 2i / Qutest combination can be stellar, and that the impact of the wire linking the Node to the DAC should not be discounted.    
hilly230, you don’t, by any chance, have MQA in mix do you??? I would expect some shenanigans going on if your source material has been tainted by MQA as the Node does MQA processing and the Chord Quest does not support MQA...

I am not saying MQA sounds bad, just different horses for courses... My Quest sounds head and shoulders better in all ways then my ex Burr Brown DAC...  Also moved on to a Lumin U1 mini...
@jazzman7 Thanks for the comments. I am not discounting your suggestion of trying different interconnects. At the moment it's a Chord C-Digital coaxial and a cheap Toslink. I have tried the Chord cable vs a cheapo one and heard zero difference, which only increased my scepticism about cables. But I am trying to keep an open mind. I just want to think it through before spending on interconnects.
I agree about 'NADness' from the Node potentially colouring everything downstream. After all, when I use UAPP on USB from an Android phone into the Qutest and other dacs I own, I can clearly hear the Qutest is far better, almost holographic, etc. UAPP is definitely bit perfect digital output. Not so sure about the Node. Bluesound support say the Node's output is bit perfect even with variable volume, which raises an eyebrow. 
I might use UAPP on USB out of Android for serious listening, and use the Node 2i for convenience when I'm wandering around. 
But that doesn't explain why you in your system with your ears can clearly hear the difference when feeding the Qutest from the Node. Maybe your system is better. I've got a good amp and speakers and fairly experienced ears though, so I'd expect them to be resolving enough. 
The mystery continues ... I hear you about interconnects, but want to explore a bit more before splashing out on them.
@ddude003 Yes, I'm using TIDAL and the Node 2i is an MQA renderer. But it's the same with CD-quality tracks from TIDAL too, internet radio, everything. 
I'm going to try the same setup with a different amp I have to see if it's the amp that is putting out the same sound regardless of input!
I'll post again when I've done that. 
Thanks for the input/output!