So done with audiophile fuses

The journey started with a medium priced ($50) fuse in my power supply.  A failed rectifier tube blew that one out.  Not a fuse problem.  Next up was a blue fuse in my pre amp.  It blew and was not caused by a pre amp problem.  Apparently they sometimes are more sensitive and it was replaced by an orange fuse two values higher.  Things were going along fine.  I replaced the pre amp with a newer version of the pre amp and it has the same fuse value.  Five months latter (today) I turn on the pre amp and nothing.  it's a five month old pre amp so I suspected that it was the fuse.  Sure enough, I replaced it with a ceramic Littelfuse of the lower correct value it works fine.  No more wasting my money on unstable fuses for me.     
goose
If you cause a fire in your house one day, you will not get a penny from your insurance company if they find out, which they will.

I think you are using scare tactics, an insurance company would pay. What if you just got into audio and bought a used amp with an aftermarket fuse that was of a higher rating.

invalid
176 posts
05-14-2021 4:08pm
If you cause a fire in your house one day, you will not get a penny from your insurance company if they find out, which they will.

I think you are using scare tactics, an insurance company would pay. What if you just got into audio and bought a used amp with an aftermarket fuse that was of a higher rating.

There was a time in the last 200 years when people would go to the barber when they were sick, to have the bad, infected blood drained out of their body, with the thought that the person would produce more non-infected blood and would be healed. This practice was called "blood-letting". Come to find out it didn't work too well...and the person died anyway from either anemia or increased infection...sepsis... because the infection fighting white blood cells were also drained away with the red blood cells that carry oxygen to the various organs that would keep you alive.

What you are espousing is modern day blood-letting. Not very good practice. Have we not learned anything through the sciences? Or has everything just gone back to how you feel about it? Subjectivism.
What you are espousing is modern day blood-letting. Not very good practice. Have we not learned anything through the sciences? Or has everything just gone back to how you feel about it?

Explain to me how my comment about an insurance company paying a claim is bloodletting? Your mind works in mysterious ways.

invalid
177 posts
05-14-2021 5:38pm
What you are espousing is modern day blood-letting. Not very good practice. Have we not learned anything through the sciences? Or has everything just gone back to how you feel about it?

Explain to me how my comment about an insurance company paying a claim is bloodletting? Your mind works in mysterious ways.

Using a different, higher value fuse to get better performance from an amplifier is stupid. You might burn your house down...from what we have learned through electrical engineering.

Is that understandable to you? It's not that hard to figure out if you're actually paying attention.
Using a different, higher value fuse to get better performance from an amplifier is stupid. You might burn your house down...from what we have learned through electrical engineering.

I never said to use a higher value fuse, I said the insurance company would still pay.