So you think wire conductors in cables are directional? Think again...

Here is a very relevant discussion among physicists about the directionality...the way signal and electrons should flow... based on conductor orientation. Some esoteric, high-end manufacturers say they listen to each conductor to see which way the signal should flow for the best audio quality.

Read this discussion. Will it make you rethink what you’re being told and sold?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-a-copper-conductor-directional.975195/
edgewound
Legit curious question: What more than 1's and 0's constitutes digital signal?
1's and 0's are the abstraction.  There is really no 1 and 0 in real world data.  It's just the voltage level.  We assign a high voltage as 1, and low voltage as 0, but that voltage level can be anything.  You can also call high voltage as 0 and vice versa if you want.  There are rise time fall time.  There are jitter.  There are overshoot, undershoot.  It's all analog.

What most don't see is how these can affect the signal jitter.  Why does jitter matter in audio?  Because the DAC needs a clock and if the clock is affected by jitter, the audio coming out will be affected too.

Most RF engineers probably don't get it.  I know because I get asked this same question by a lot of so called "electrical engineer", and I have to explain this to them.  They would soon understand.

Post removed 
Who among us, upon finding an arrow on a cable, will not abide by that directional instruction, or ignoring it, will be bothered by it, regardless of what rational thought says?