GR Research Power Cables

This will be the first review of this kind I have ever written. I just received my second and third GR Research power cables in the mail today. These are quite simply the best value of any component or cable I have ever purchased.

I put the first one on the amp. It replaced a similarly priced well regarded cable. No contest. More air, better separation, more dynamic. Across the board better, significantly better. I quickly ordered two more, wondering how they would sound on my DAC (Lampizator Atlantic TRP) and CD transport (Sim Moon 260D). On the DAC the cable being replaced is almost 3 times the cost of the GR Research cable. Again, no contest at all. The GR Research cable wins hands down in every respect (the one caveat here, and I hesitate to mention it, is the soundstage is still a little messy. But this is with almost 100% certainty a break-in issue).

No affiliation with the company, or industry for that matter. Just very excited about such a solid and affordable product. There are no reviews online and for those looking into them; I wanted to add a touchstone that might be of help. They have some great videos online as well that are worth watching.
abdodson
pinwa

I definitely think that's a possibility.

jafant

Their website is still up. Don't seem to be releasing new products though.
abdodson

I decided to assume the GR Research cord is just using the same cables as their speakers and I've ordered 12TC cable and some cheap connectors from Aliexpress to try building my own.  They won't have the nice cover or cotton core but will cost $25 instead of $250.  Since I'm a power cable skeptic that seems like a reasonable investment of time and money to test my skepticism.
pinwa

I saw the GR video and am also curious how they compare.  I've been using some Pangea power cords.  I like the fact that they are shielded, since in my system, a lot of wires are close together behind my rack.

Any thoughts on shielded vs unshielded PCs since the GRs look to be unshielded?
I assume shielded in a standard power cable is better and I use these for that https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/686-17605 or https://www.alliedelec.com/product/volex-power-cords/17604-10-b1/70115980/ I'm not going to make any claim for these other than their being a well made, 14AWG, shielded cable at a very good price.

When it comes to more exotic power cables I think an argument is frequently made that the cable geometry acts as or, obviates the need for, traditional shielding and I think that apply to the GR cables.
pinwa

I'll be very interested in hearing the results. If your system is resolving enough, there is no doubt you will here a difference. The question, of course, is whether it will sound better.

Please do report back on your results.