dcs bartok vs DENAFRIPS TERMINATOR-PLUS

Hi,
I'm considering to buy a new DAC, iv'e already heard the dcs bartok and it seems to be a wonderful DAC.
Iv'e got a lot of recommendations about the denafrips terminator-plus but i still didn't try it. Does someone have a conclusion which of this two options is better.
Thanks a lot !
128x128haimr
haimr

The DCS Bartok uses dCS Ring DAC converter, which is a bit of both each way bet on both sides of the fence it uses both "Bitstream" and "R2R Multibit" Back in the days when R2R Multibits were all chips and the last best ones were PCM-1704’s then the Ring Dac held up very well against best R2R dacs.

But today with R2R coming even more of age with discrete R2R ladder dacs even more precise than the K version 1704, I’d say they were out in front now, if done right.

And haimr don’t leave out the Holo May Dac beautifully built and Soekris dac2541 or dac1541 and naturally the ones who started the very first discrete R2R dacs MSB.

Cheers George
@fuzztone , @georgehifi Thank you both, i think for now i will go on the British build in Cambridge  bartok :) and i will investigate a bit about msb and sokeris.
Thanks guys .
You didn’t mention what you have today? The dCS and Denafrips are going to sound a bit different. The dCS is going to be a bit more more forward and detailed.

Alternative options would be the Chord Dave with an MScaler which I think beats the Bartok and is in the same league as the Rossini.  dCS and Chord have a similar approach (FPGA) and similar sound profile.  

For the more natural, slightly less forward sound of an R2R DAC, I would look at Rockna. The Wavedream Signature can go toe-to-toe with the MSB Premier in terms of sound quality.  It is a brilliant DAC.  Although not made in the UK, it is made in eastern Europe (Romania) rather than in China.  

@verdantaudio First of all thanks, i will investigate a bit about the chord dac. Today I'm building my new sound system, for mean time i have music fidelity dac that I'm not satisfied with him at all.
I've already ordered a CAT amplifier (JL5) , a piega coax 511 speakers and I'm continuing building my sound system. 
Thanks .
That amp and those speakers look amazing. Which DAC is best is going to depend on the exact tonal profile of the piegas. Assuming that is a typical ribbon (and is nor terribly bright) my hunch is the Dave and MScaler combo would be the slightly better choice. That being said, I also assume that the amp is not fully balanced. The single ended version of the Rockna Wavedream Signature lists for $11K and may be just as good for less money.

You could add the Rockna Wavedream (with Rockna) server or a K30 from Antipodes (with the Dave) and have and insanely good digital system that will give you every drop of clarity available from your new amp and speakers.

I am not running ribbons here at the moment but am running Art Audio Opus 4s which little KT88 based monos.  You and I might have similar taste.