Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Then why is there so much very expensive devalued gear for sale? Smart investment? 
@phusis 

There are a couple of folks here who prescribe to the master/slave mentality. They think the ones at the top, don’t work.

Hot news flash. They work, very hard. And all of the ones I have met, and know, are extremely curious individuals. They are also extraordinarily generous. One recently donated 300m to a university research facility. There are wings in major hospitals here they have also set up. Humble, kind and inclusive people.

I am not, in their economic sphere, not even remotely close, not in the same universe.
My system is very, very modest. I will never be in a position to purchase any high end gear, ever.

I’m more than ok with that. My own lack of means to participate in the ultra, or even high end gear does not in any way close my mind to the possibility of its value or of its quality.

Unless I hear it for myself, I do not judge. There are pieces of gear I would love to hear, and potentially own if I had the means. And if I didn’t like something after having heard it, I would not criticize someone else for buying it, whatever it’s price. It would simply be, not for me.
@edgewound.  
Really, you are asking that? Such a dumb question 

I guess you have never changed or upgraded to something you felt was better or that somehow suited your musical tastes better?

And since when, was a hobby about clever investments?

@perkri
You seriously have no comprehension of people that make lots of money. As a group they are smart, well educated, ambitious, and hard working and only part with there money after diligent investigation of facts and make informed decisions. The kind of people that buy from Wilson..
This statement from you describing the "due diligence". Buying the best? or latest flavor? So much "old" stuff is actually superior. McIntosh comes to mind.