Power Conditioner vs A/C cables

Here's my question...Is it necessary to buy expensive power cables downstream of a high-end power conditioner?
What do they do that hasn't already been done?  As long as you don't go so cheap you degrade the signal.
Ag insider logo xs@2xrjlownote
A good power cable before and after power conditioning, has alway deliver better sound for me.

I've had difficulty hearing much difference between power cords. (Not so with interconnects, speaker cable). But when I bought an Audioquest Niagara 1200 conditioner, the difference was pretty obvious. Actually took me a while to adjust to the noise not being there anymore.
Post removed 
Power management is very site dependent. Depending on the power grid you are on, what your house is like... lots of noisy things in your house.
I wouldn’t look at it as if a power cord is going to make things worst... I would look at it as how much improvement will it give you.
A good plan is to borrow power cords on line or from dealer and experiment. If a power conditioner makes a big difference power cords all around are likely to have a big effect.
We have all buried power lines in our neighborhood, so the power is pretty good. Power management still makes a difference. All that said, no question listening is best Sunday nights at midnight... showing me, I need to pay more attention to power... Damn... this post is going to cost me.

This is actually why I read and post in the forums. Writing about what I have learned frequently has me put together some observations I had not previously assembled to form a conclusion. In this case I am sure it is going to cost me at least $10K. But I am also sure it will be worth it.