Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord. (Opinions on sound quality appreciated).

Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord.
I know this cord is pricey, but can anyone share opinion or experience on the sound quality with this power cord?
I have owned in the past Synergistic Master Coupler (about 20 years ago) and the Apex.
It would be connected to a Lumin X1 into my Audioquest Niagara power conditioner.

I would appreciate experienced comments. Thank you.

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Update:
Today, now I am very glad I stuck it out with SR Galileo SX during the burn in cycle. I have perhaps 200 hours on it and it has transformed daily from the beginning when it sounded so very forward. There were no ups and downs just a continuing daily improvement. Not sure how much better with additional hours it can become, but at this point it is a keeper.

The funny thing about break in, Synergistic Research said they burned in the cables for 5 days before shipping to me and claimed very little change would occur after additional hours. 

BTW, I have recently compared the SR cable to a very expensive power cord.

ozzy
Who at my factory claimed there would be very little change? Conditioning and burn in are two different things. Conditioning is a strategic use of frequencies and current to forever shape the sound of a cable. Burn in is what happens when the cable settles into the system. This process is never permanent, when you change a cable from your system, it must settle in again. Before a trade show the cables we take have over 1000 hours on them, and we do everything we can to get sound in our show system within hours of the first day of set up, because it will be at least two days before the system really comes to life. This despite the cables already having over 1000 hours on them.

Ted Denney
Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc.
Ozzy yes, the ground does need to go to the same dedicated line. It must not however get plugged into the conditioner. Direct to the wall. The soundstage will improve as it remains grounded, this too must settle in.

Ted Denney
Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc.
ted_denney,
Whomever answered the phone when I called checking on when the cables would be shipped reminded me that they were being burned in for 5 days so that they sound ready to go when I receive them.
Sounds like a disconnect between you and your employees. No big deal though, my past experience has always been cables needs some settling in time. Approx. 200 hours+. I'm just happy they have come around, quite a bit I must add from first listen.

Thank you for adding your response.

ozzy

That’s a misunderstanding. It always takes at least 200 hours for a cable to settle into a system. In the past, with our old conditioning process, the break in process was like a roller coaster, and the cables would sound much worse in the beginning. Relatively speaking they sound better now younger or sooner in the system. The five day burn in does not eliminate break in. There is absolutely no such thing as a cable that is broken in once and for all. A cable must settle into the system it will live in so to speak. The conditioning process is like aging wine, the break in process is like allowing a newly opened bottle of wine to breathe.

Ted Denney
Lead designer, Synergistic Research Inc.