Old work electrical boxes

I am looking into running dedicated AC lines in my house which will require the use of old work electrical boxes, also called remodeling boxes. Since this type is supported by the drywall only, are they strong enough to avoid drywall damage when plugging or unplugging power cords into typically grippy audiophile outlets? Does anyone have a favorite brand that has worked well for them?
nighthawk
Ive used the metal old work box with the flip out wings. Works great and no problems after 10 years of use.
stereo5, cissado, mktracy thanks. It appears I was worrying unnecessarily about the ruggedness of the old work boxes. Glad to hear they worked well for you.
Just to wrap up...yesterday an electrician installed two dedicated lines for me. About 95 feet of 10/2 was used per line terminating in 2 gang blue plastic Carlon  old work boxes. Each box was screwed to the side of a stud using 3 screws. The drywall flippers were also engaged. Each box is extremely solid...I have no concerns. Hubbell HBL5632W outlets were connected using 10awg pigtails. 20A breakers were used, both on the same main line in the breaker box. My total cash outlay was about $700.

While I know many of you have much more elaborate setups than this I'm really pleased with this setup for the amount spent. I also have a whole house surge protector, so no more outlet strips!

Performance-wise I'm stunned. This is the most significant thing I've done to my system in a long time. The main improvement is in dynamics, but tonality is also improved.

For reference the setup I have connected is as follows:

Line 1
Meridian G08 CD player, Kimber KS1130 XLR
Rowland Synergy 2i preamp, Cardas Neutral Ref XLR
Rowland Model 10 power amp, Kimber Bifocal XL
Soliloquy 6.5 speakers

Line 2
Bluesound Node 2i, toslink
Chord Qutest DAC, Cardas Neutral Ref RCA to preamp

Thanks for coming back to update this. Great to hear it worked out and sound is improved.