Dedicated AC line - Contractor wants to use BX instead of romex

I’m having a dedicated in wall AC cable run, about 40-50 ft. I was planning on using VH audio cryo’d 10-2 Romex but the contractor wants to use BX since it’s an urban area and more impervious to mice, etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Also I was planning on wiring the end of the run with an 20 Amp IEC connector so I could plug it directly into my Niagara 7000. I don’t know if they will wire it this way but I thought I could always do that myself later.
emailists
@ dletch2

https://cdn.cableorganizer.com/old-images/midatlantic/PowerSolutions-middle-atlantic.pdf

MC cable is manufactured in both steel and aluminum. “Steel-Clad MC” cable with insulated ground wire is the best choice for AV systems. It has twisted conductors that help reduce AC magnetic fields, however the steel jacket is what helps most.

Read pages 6 through 9.

FWIW I have read on audio forums that steel conduit tends to take some of the air out of the music where aluminum does not. Therein why some like to use Romex instead of steel conduit.

Aluminum still gives you some RF shielding from airborne RFI entering the cable. Just install the MC aluminum armor cable like you would install Romex cable. Keep it at least 8" to 12" from existing parallel running branch circuits. Even further from lighting branch circuits that use dimmers and or transformer based LED lights. That includes the switch leg side of the circuit.
Post removed 
Post removed 
Reason million and one to not live in one of those God forsaken over regulated over taxed places.