Best Bang for your Buck DAC ?

I just realized I’m in the market for a DAC , I don’t want to spend a fortune on a DAC either . I picked up a drangonfly cobalt a while back and am unimpressed  so I moved it to my CPU and sounds really good on my system there which when I bought it figured I would do anyway since it was my first DAC purchase . There are so many DACs I have no clue , how high up on the returns chart can I go at say $1,000 before I run into heavy Diminished returns resistance. I’m open to buying used . I was thinking about a Schitt made in the states ? Anyone’s take on best bang for buck DACs? 
ngiordano
Post removed 
I saw the offensive posts before they were deleted.  Truly despicable stuff by the original poster.  Hopefully the site has banned this person.  People come here to learn and share information, not to be insulted and read hateful comments.
Post removed 
duder,  try not to be like me .  you will get tired fast of anything under $2000. You will have 4 DAC,s sitting around with in 5 years. Start Digging or Save up . buy a used $9000 DAC  another idea Not to old .  Good luck,  there i said it 
  mGiordano