Does a Tube Dac make sense?

I’m  in the market for a dac since I bought a Musical Paradise MP701MKII Tube Preamp few months back, does it make sense to buy a tube dac? The seller Garry is suggesting to get the Musical Paradise MP D2 MKIII which is a tube dac with a AK4490 but can be upgraded to AK4499 but I’m leaning towards the RME ADI2 which is almost the same price as the MP tube dac. I’m finding it hard to justify a $1k dac but I have read a lot of forums that suggests the RME or the SMSL M400 and Denafrips Ares II but I’m a sucker for vu meters and spectrum analyzers but if the MP tube dac is a good match for my MP tube preamp I’m willing to give it a go.
stibin
djones51 Exactly my point. Will a tube dac go well with a tube pre since the my pre is already a tube is a tube dac necessary or will my system sound too tubey if there is such a word. I appreciate all the insights here as I myself is at a lost, I’m new to this hobby and I’m learning a lot by reading suggestions and comments but if someone has any experience with a tube pre and tube dac I appreciate the knowledge that you are passing to newbies like me. 
Charles1dad. Thanks. I have the Musical Paradise MP701 mkII and it does have significant sound improvement on my system but after a few months of using it I started to hear micro-phonics on one of the tubes so that also got me thinking do I really want another tube gear which I might ran into tube problems or just go with a dac that does not use tubes but that does not mean R2R dacs or any other dacs won’t encounter problems as I’m sure at a certain point in time it will.
Hi @stibin, 
You wrote,
I have the Musical Paradise MP701 mkII and it does have significant sound improvement on my system.

That just confirms my position that tube DACs can sound terrific. If you decide to move on from a tube DAC you'll be able to find a transistor DAC that will sound terrific as well. Excellent choices in both camps. 
Charles 
@stibin,
You can have an all tube audio signal path or an all transitor audio signal path and be happy with either. Just depends on what type of sonic presentation you are seeking. Within the realm of tubes there’s very noticeable variation in what you’ll hear. So called "tubey" to not so "tubey".

For example an Audio Research component using 6H30P tubes would sound different from another brand’s tube component using a 6SN7 or a 12AT7. So even though utilizing tubes you’d still hear a different signature. Same would be true for mixing different transistors. Krell doesn’t sound like Jeff Rowland even though both are solid state.

You say that you are a newbie, no problem you’ll learn to appreciate the many variables that factor into High End audio. We all continue learn as we gain experience along the way.
Charles
I have got very limited experience with Digital Replays in my Home System, but have been able to Visit Different Homes and Events and as a result have auditioned/been demonstrated many Digital Front Ends.

My most impressive CDP is a heavily modified Sony Model that has Valves Incorporated, Multiple Power Supplies throughout the Channels Circuitry, Insanely Priced Cap's and Bespoke Wound OCC Silver Transformers.
This CDP has been auditioned by a variety of experienced HiFi enthusiasts and it get very good appraisal.

Prior to the past year of enforced limitation to travel, I made it my goal to learn about how different Digital Devices can present a  Replay.

Some I was totally impressed with and others were not so attractive.

I have interrogated for a few hours a Denafrips DAC hooked up to a £5000 Streamer, being played through $30 000 Amplification and 
£40 000 Speakers.

I have also heard other Digital Devices in very good systems from
£20 000+ up to 150 000+ in value where the Digital Devices from the  Brands, MHDT, Soekris, Wadia, Soulution, have been in use.
There are probably others as well, as their are always Digital Front Ends at the Events I attend.

I myself have chosen as a DAC, a Bespoke Built DAC produced by a EE/Builder located in Bulgaria.
This has left a very good impression for a very fair outlay.
I am Wed to this hooked up the PS Audio Transport.

This marriage has been heard by some of the owners of the above equipment, and even undergone Tube Rolling in their company.
There are to date not any concerns being raised about the presentation that is on offer, the PS Audio > Bespoke Built DAC leave a very positive impression.

In my experience there does not seem any reason to not use a
Tube DAC. 
Is a Home Loan Available of a few Devices to gather the capabilities of a Model in the Home System ?

Don't overlook a very good quality Power Cable, the influence that one can offer when used on a CDP, CDT, or DAC can be very impressive. 
The Transformation can rearrange any assessments without the Cable exchanges in place.