PS Audio Perfectwave vs Directstream DAC

I've been both told, and have read, that the newer version of the DAC is superior in quite a noticeable amount over the older one.  But here's my question:  If only using it to stream music via the Bridge II, is there still going to be an improvement in sound quality since both units use the same Bridge?

Thanks, and stay safe.
128x128audiodwebe
Thanks.

I already have the PW DAC with a Bridge II for streaming and picked up the Node 2i a few months back to stream into a headphone amp.

Cheers,

Mamoru
I’ve owned both. Unlike most, there was something about the DS that just doesn’t work for my ears. I upgraded twice, and both times sold the DS. Rebought a PWD the first time and then moved on to an Audio Mirror T3 SE that I find quite a bit superior to both.  I've also had a Shiit Bifrost 2, Matrix X sabre pro, iFi iDSD pro, Holo Audio May, & Lampizator Amber 3 in my system for auditions.  

Obviously I’m the odd man out on the Directstream impression, so YMMV. They are completely different DACs though and if there’s a house sound it’s because of power supply and input boards.
@audiodwebe I bought a PS Audio DS DAC last week and they are on close-out now.  I would guess that the upgrade from the PW to DS is as well.  I'd call them (they don't have plans to put the sale prices on the website... yet anyway) and see what they're selling the kits for.  The DSD was over 40% off.
Thanks for the info, audiom3.

cal7313, your ears are the only ones that matter so good for you that you found a sound you like.  I've never heard of Audio Mirror so will theck them out.

Cheers, and stay safe.