10" self powered sub-woofers.....

I was using an NHT B10 d to supplement the bottom end of my Acoustat 100 hybrid speakers...  electrostatic panel over an 8" woofer module.  Due to the unexpected death of one of the subs in our living room I decided to move the B10 d there, to augment an NHT C10, and replace the sub in my listening room/office.
Since I've had good experiences with Stereophile Recommended Components over the years I decided to look up their recommendations on 10" subs and found a Martin Logan Dynamo 800X which is a 300 W 10" sub with ARC and phone app controls. It also meets the maximum width of 14.0" I have available for it.  The other alternative is the also recommended JL Audio E110 at about double the price.  Since there really aren't any salons in Miami to go listen to this gear being able to return it after 60 days or thereabouts if it doesn't work as contemplated is essential.  I can get the ML from Music Direct or Amazon... probably Best Buy too.
Any other recommendations are welcome as long as they meet the 14.0 maximum width criteria, are self powered and designed for music as a primary application vs. home theater explosions.
Thanks

midareff1
Frank seems to be pretty fussy about his creations, and not a fan of using a sub. He may not like that idea too well. It may be safer for me to go with REL :) But I do have a top drawer amp technician friend nearby I could use should I get the needed info.
The knobs are input selector and volume.
Hmmmm..  I think he might be a bit more concerned about his customer's satisfaction rather than whether or not they are using a sub.  I think a sub can have a place in a system..  in mine it's to handle <40 hz down to it's floor so I can hear them run the riffs up and down to the bottom of a big double bass.  Patricia Barbara's first cut on A Distortion of Love album at near the 3 minute mark and Karrin Allyson on the first cut of the In Blue album.... and a few others on there as well and many others  I'm thinking that feeling a customer should be deprived the enjoyment of hearing these instruments with articulation and detail because he's not a fan of using a sub just doesn't work for me.
@charliee   it would seem to me that if you have a volume control you have a variable electrical result of it's the mechanical movement.  I would tend to think that variable output could be paralleled to this or any sub.
@doctors11    90 degree RCAs came in last night so this AM I should be able to get them plugged in and the spike covers off the legs to provide a much better grounding.  I believe my 9 foot RCA temporary pair should be here today and a 90 degree IEC adapter and an Audio quest cord tomorrow.  Making progress.
Exciting times. Are the 90 degree RCAs necessary in the front firing configuration? I was under the impression there was enough room for standard interconnects. I'll probably do front firing as well.