The Absurdity of it All

50-60-70 year old ears stating with certainty that what they hear is proof positive of the efficacy of analog, uber-cables, tweaks...name your favorite latest and greatest audio "advancement." How many rock concerts under the bridge? Did we ever wear ear protection with our chain saws? Believe what you will, but hearing degrades with age and use and abuse. To pontificate authority while relying on damaged goods is akin to the 65 year old golfer believing his new $300 putter is going to improve his game. And his game MAY get better, but it is the belief that matters. Everything matters, but the brain matters the most.
jpwarren58
Everyone looses some part of their hearing at different frequencies,
young and old . In the service , shooting  weapons ,weed whacking, mowing  our lawns, snow blowing ,leaf blowing, for certain not everyone or even most always wore hearing protection at all times ,even a blender is technically too loud.As you get older you will loose certain frequencies ,some more then others . That’s life .I  am 62 and went to plenty of concerts where it may have been too loud ,So be it .I enjoyed it and I still enjoy music daily .
just be great full for what you can hear.
Yours appears to be darts. Blindfolded.
You wouldn't happen to made up of tightly packed cork and sisal fibers, would you?

Human hearing of great maestros, matured over fifty are not out of their place because some ignorant people here will claim so...A great maestro can spot a single musician playing right or wrong or not playing in his orchestra in spite of his age....

Hearing pitch and musical cues are not always innate, it is a learned ability, save for perfect pitch hearer.... And pitch perception DOES NOT reduce itself to pure frequencies hearing, it is not so simple...Save for simple mind....

And this war between subjectivist and objectivist is ridiculous... People short of argument take a side in an deadlock case, an ended road ...
And some came here quarelling people who speak about their sound experience with gear to ask them pass a hearing test or a blind test if not attack them... These audio threads are for PARTAKING experience and information... Blindtest CANNOT be systematically organized and anyway are NOT the solution....

Is it not ridiculous?

Which one the most ridiculous?

Take your side...

But this is waste of time...

Better to read a book.....

I will not suggest here for the moment the book i was reading, someone supposedly informed qualify the writer to be ignorant without even knowing the book , after all the writers’s life of studying acoustic...Is it not astounding ? It astound me the BIAS of some here and i dont speak about hearing bias here....
😊
I will read the book...
So insight about the sport of basketball by a person confined to a wheelchair should be disregarded because they can't run or jump?   
Audiogon is an audiophile site. Why their are so many people here who detest audiophiles (at any age) is a mystery. 
More to discover