Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
My room is 15 x 22 x 9. C4’s are on short wall, out 36” from front wall and in 33” from side walls when measured from center of grilles.  They are toed in to cross axis’s about two feet in front of me. I sit about two-thirds into the room from the front wall. 
I don’t hear much in the way of depth but left to right imaging is pretty good. Not pinpoint but not bad. 
Frequency response is stellar. Very smooth and only getting a bit rough in the bottom couple of octaves. This was smoothed out and firmed up with the addition of a couple of decent old Velodyne subs. 
As I stated in a previous post, I have had the feeling these speakers may be too revealing of less than superior recordings. Well, after giving up on my idea of raising the front of the speakers, Heresy style, the over-revealing glare has largely dissipated. I think my fairly extreme toe-in also helps.

I do miss the airiness and three dimensionally you can get with some other speakers but I do love the slam and the clarity (with good recordings).  Ultra low distortion is nice too. No fuzzies and no grit. 
Really my main issues are these:  price, footprint, height and rather unforgiving nature. But if you can live with the downside, the upside is huge. 
I have a late '80s pair of Cornwalls and love them.  I saw where someone wrote and acquired taste.  I believe that to be true however Ive never not liked the higher end Klipsch sound.  In high school I saved ups my money and bought a brand new pair of Hearesys.  I waited almost 15 years before I could afford Klipschorns and when I did although I loved the bass they were a bit much. Last year I took the plunge again since I found a pair of Cornwalls in Dallas.  Wow did this hit the proverbial spot! The warmth and accuracy of the bass (15 inch woofer) and mid and tweeter horns make these super accurate.  The depth of stage is outstanding and imaging superb! Just my thoughts.  I play almost exclusively analog records and tape.  I use high-end sources too so as not to break the chain. If the new ones are anything like the older ones Id say pull the trigger but if not do what I did and get a vintage pair.  Paul did some amazing work on these speakers and if they were taken care of could last a lifetime.
If the new ones are anything like the older ones Id say pull the trigger but if not do what I did and get a vintage pair.

As far as soundstage size and dynamics, they are the same. Anything else, they are a whole new ball game.

While I can't add anything to Cornwall discussion, I find it interesting there seem to be little or no complaints about timbre issues. It appears Klipsch has done some work here?
I purchased used late 80's era Klipschorns about five years ago, my initial impression was really amazing dynamics, particularly micro, and same with resolving powers. Tonal balance just a bit off, mids too dominant. Much less impressed with timbre, naturalness not this speakers calling card. In a relatively short period of time I became convinced I couldn't live with these speakers, timbre so far from natural. This coming from Merlin VSM-MM, much modified with Duelund VSF copper foil caps in every possible position and so much more. Anyway, timbre was probably the greatest asset of the Merlins, so lack of this in Klipschorns was brought out in great relief.

So, to cut to the chase, five years later, Klipschorns modified to the point where only bass cabinet stock. These are the last speakers I will ever own. No other speakers I've experienced replicates the sense of live performers in room like Klipschorns, and I presume others in the Heritage line. Based on the above comments sounds like Klipsch has certainly improved upon timbre issues in earlier iterations of Heritage series.