Never Use HiFi-Exquis - Worst Merchant Ever!

I made a purchase from Hifi-Exquis in China for a Muzishare 845 integrated amp.

I paid for Fedex shipping and the total cost was about $2400.

They sent it DHL in retail box without the second box and padding that comes with it from the factory. It weighs 100lbs. When it arrived the entire front plate with the controls and meter was broken off and the mounting screws sheared off.

It has been weeks now trying to get a refund but they refuse. They keep jerking me around asking me to fix it. The screws need to be drilled out and there is other internal damage to the selector switch and I would expect many tubes may have been damaged. They never mention there may be 1000V inside if I start poking around!

DHL will not open a claim for me. They say the merchant has to send a return shipping label. But they refuse.

Paypal says I have to ship it back to get a refund because that is their policy??? Since when? The merchant is responsible to pay for the return of damaged items.

So now it is with American Express to reverse the payment to Paypal (and thereby the merchant).

These guys are the absolute worst dealer I have ever encountered in buying anything in my over 50 years on this planet.

Yes I am a very stupid person for buying anything from a merchant in China. Learn from my mistakes.

calieng
Just take a copy of this portion of the website and send it to your local government customs agency. I am sure they will not be amused and will red flag them

2, Import duties:Taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.These charges are the buyer's responsibility. ### Often we declare value further less than real price ###, if you need, please contact us by message or email to discuss about the Customs declaration.

Your first clue should have been them basically threatening you about negative feedback and how ***you*** must behave:

Article-5, Delivery. (Damaged, wrong product, sound is bad, no tracking information, package lost, apparence problem, shipping delay, etc) Any problem or dissatisfaction after received product, you must contact us in first before to give a negatif feedback or open a dispute. You can open dispute only when we can't give your a satisfied solution!

Article-6, Feedback is extremely important. If you are satisfied, please leave 4-5 stars positive feedback. Else you must contact us to resolve the problem with us.(HIFI EXQUIS)

Like I said before. Dump PayPal and just use a cc only. Don't use a debit card either because your bank won't do anything.  One call to your cc company should reverse the funds and then the Chinese company will be begging you to send it back.  So then the only hope is they collect from the shipper, which the shipper isn't responsible because it was packed by a scum bag. 
I made a purchase from Hifi-Exquis in China

In China? Hmm. During a pandemic which started in......Hmmm. 
Education is most often expensive. Hopefully, AE will be able to recoup your $$$.
OP I went through an experience much like yours but in Perth AU. It took 2 months to arrive and then was damaged, BOTH amps were packed one on top of the other.. LOL ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.. 

You got it..

I contacted EBay, My CC company, Pay Pal.. 

EBay 10 day or some such BS, for a dispute (took 2.2 months to get to me)

Pay Pal had been paid WAY back so the had no horse in the race. 
I was stuck with the CC company.. 90 day for a grievance..

I'm 2 weeks from getting burned for 2800.00 plus shipping from AU.. 400.00 more dollars..

TIME is not your friend.. BE careful. 

It didn't work out for me, I got BURNED.. SO delays in delivery times are for one reason, to screw YOU, in the eyes of the money lenders. Oh and BTW, I quit using EBays BS a long time ago.. I use them, they don't use me ANY more.. Straight to the CC company then to Pay pal THEN to EBay.  Certainly not as a courtesy, only a necessity.

EBay is for one thing EBay.. What a monster in our midst.. :-)
Post removed