Maggie speakers and bi-amping

Hello,

I've heard that the 3.7 speakers are far superior to previous models.
However I've also found that bi-amping Maggies also brings out great improvement and the 3.7's do not allow bi-amping.
I realize that reviewers would not compare these options but it seems more relevant to me if you already have two amplifiers (paid for.)
It would be nice to go to a dealer to compare but I've found that dealer's rooms are generally too small to listen to the larger Maggie speakers.
Does anyone have an opinion on the sound qualtiy of the 3.7 with a single amplifier versus older 3 series Maggies bi-amped (preferable in a large room)?
nottop
Can your amps be bridged?
Previous to my recent purchase of 3.7s, I was bi-amping a Pair of MGIIIAs with a pair of Audio Research D 400 mk2s so my only experience in bi-amping Maggie's is with a very dated model. Used a Marchand XO. The bi-amping made a bid difference.

I started out breaking in the 3.7s with a single D400 and it drove them fine but the amps allow bridging and finally got around to setting my system up that way and have to say, having what is now virtually unlimited current/ power For the 3.7s makes almost as much of a difference as bi-amping the MGIIIAs. The crossover does not seem to be an issue but tht could come from other improvements.

I had auditioned 3.6 s and even 20.1s but kept my old speakers until I heard the 3.7s. They are the most cohesive Maggie's I have ever heard and I now need to audition the 20.7 s. Have always hated over inflated reviews with every slight change magnified 100x but I do think the ".7" series are a real improvement in integrating the drivers into a more seamless blend. As the bass panel is losening up the blend with my velodyne subs is very smooth too.

If you like Maggies/panels and haven't heard the new models, do yourself a favor and audition. More "musical" than ever IMO, and yes everything above is just one mans opinion. :-)

Enjoy
Mike
One can purchase bi-ampable 3.6's for just about the same or a little over new 1.7s ... which would be better?
I would pesonally go with a nice pair of used 3.6's. The 3's are head and shoulders better than the 1's IMO. Bigger soundstage, better balance between the drivers, and they will fill your room with a bigger more realistic sound. How big is your room? You need to get the 3.6's several feet out into your room; at least three feet or so, five or six is better.

Most important thing with a Maggie is to us a good quality, powerful amplifier...