Looking for a turntable around $1k...

I don’t and won’t have tons of $ to throw into an analog set up. I’m primarily digital and CD but I still have enough recordings that are vinyl only as well as others of sentimental value that I listen to regularly enough  that I can justify getting a decent turntable, at least at the price point I set. I know that some people have expensive opinions about turntables, but I can’t go there. 

My listening set up is a Schiit Mani phono preamp, a Decware Torii MkIV amplifier, and Omega 6.5” Alnico Junior XRS speakers if that all matters.

I’ve been using a Technics AT-LP120 for years and I have come to hate it. The tone arm is floppy and it has become pretty much impossible to lower the needle without it bouncing off the record. If someone down the block sneezes, the record skips. No matter where I place the table. Everything about it has gotten worse and I fear that the turntable is damaging my records at this point.

I’ve been considering the Rega Planar 3 but do I even need that?

Is there a sleeper turntable around $1k that I don’t know about?

Could I just get by with a Planar 1 or 2 given that vinyl is what I listen to 3rd most behind HD streaming and CD?

pip_helix
I have a Rega P3. Great TT with the capacity for some upgradability. 

I also like vintage Dual TTs. Go to fixmydual.com, get yourself a 1218 and buy a cartridge with an upgradable stylus.
+1 on the MoFi studiodeck.  I recently purchased one, and I am impressed with how quiet even cheap used records can be when properly cleaned.  It is fully adjustable for proper cartridge alignment.
+1 on the Rega P3. I've owned the P1, P2 and P3 (and currently own a P6), and I think that the P3 is worth the extra cash over the P1 and P2. The P3 is much better out of the box than the other two and has a good upgrade path should you wish to expand your capabilities in the future. I really liked the P3 while I had it and highly recommend it. With a good turntable like the P3 you might find vinyl engaging enough to keep you interested for a very long time. I think most audiophiles will quickly outgrow a P1 or P2, the performance gap is that great.
Fluance RT85
Comes stock with the Ortofon 2M Blue. It has an autostop feature(not lift and return), ceramic platter, and is quite beautiful to boot. There are plenty of Fluance haters on here and would have you spend $$$$$ on a tone  arm. I don’t deny the knowledge or merit of expensive equipment. If you are budget minded the RT85 is $500 and sounds pretty awesome. Lots of videos online to check out opinions.
What do people think of the Technics SL1500C? I'm in the same position- have a Moth that runs slow, a Thorens TD160/ SME3009/ V15 which I've never liked and is in need of TLC and a Technics SL-B210 that also takes eons to lower then bounces like crazy and a brilliant but dull Project Debut