any one give the Polk Lsi25 a good listen?

They are closing these out a such a good price I am tempted to buy them just to see how they stand up.
Flabby bass? Wide soundstage? Open natural sound? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Comparisons?
shoe
"Well since you have stated before that it all sounds the same, I guess it could be anything from Best Buy for you."

Maybe, maybe not, but it does not answer the question. I asked YOU, where does 'quality equipment' begin?

""Polk Lsi15. I have had the urge to 'upgrade' for 9 years. But there is nothing out there that would be an 'upgrade'"

Given my space and values, this is true. it also could be true in an absolute sense. I do not equate price and size with with sound quality. Now, there may be many fine speakers in the polk's class / price range, but that does not mean they would be upgrades. They may not be as good, or just as good. the 'monster' speakers are not considered due to size / appearance reasons. So saying for instance, that the Wilson Maxx is a better speaker, has no meaning to me. That's like saying a Formula 1 car is better than my fusion. It's too big and costly for me, and NO ONE has ever said it was the PERFECT speaker. I would rather have his and her S classes.

And I was not the first to say it all sounds the same. The FOUNDERS of this hobby said so. And they were true hobbyists. Made their system themselves. If I mentioned their names it would cause foaming at the mouth and howling throughout the site. I am sure you know your audio history, so you already know of them.
Cheers
First of all, you didn't qualify your statement.

But there is NOTHING out there that would be an 'upgrade'"

THAT is the stupidity I was referring to.

Shakey
Timrhu,
Looking at some of your posts through the years, I've noticed that you and I have owned a lot of the same speakers and electronics. It's astounding that we have had many of the same favorites and I think I have a good idea of what kind of sound you are looking for. Very close to what I am looking for. Natural, detailed but not razor sharp, dynamic balanced and open. Something you can listen too and not tire of after ten minutes.
Based on that assumption how would you describe the sound of the Lsi 15's that you had for awhile in your home.?
thanks, shoe