Old work electrical boxes

I am looking into running dedicated AC lines in my house which will require the use of old work electrical boxes, also called remodeling boxes. Since this type is supported by the drywall only, are they strong enough to avoid drywall damage when plugging or unplugging power cords into typically grippy audiophile outlets? Does anyone have a favorite brand that has worked well for them?
nighthawk
Thanks to all who replied. I'm going to try the screw to the side of the stud approach. I think that will give the best stability.
I used metal old work boxes when I ran 3 dedicated lines for my system when I bought my present house in 2002.  I have never had any problems with the drywall caving in or cracking.  I have plugged and unplugged from the lines probably a hundred times in the past 19 years with no problems.  I am using Shunyata receptacle’s. 
Never had a problem with the plastic old work boxes. Get the screws nice and tight and it's done. Keep in mind,  If you use them, you may need to cut the tabs on the receptacle for the plate to fit. 
Ive used the metal old work box with the flip out wings. Works great and no problems after 10 years of use.
stereo5, cissado, mktracy thanks. It appears I was worrying unnecessarily about the ruggedness of the old work boxes. Glad to hear they worked well for you.