LUXMAN 505u?

im looking to pickup a Luxman 505u integrated. any experiences, feedback and speaker recommendations would be helpful.
maurager
It was 2016 but that post you quoted did not say L590AXii (missing the X). All of the historic models have similar numbers so can get a bit confusing.
Thanks for the clarification. I was surely confused by the numbers of the older Luxman models. I didn't expect the L-590A II (without the X) to actually exist. I assumed there's only the L-590AX and L-590AXII.

I actually researched the history because I’m really interested in L590AXii but it is overdue to be replaced based on release history, which is:

2005: L590A
2010: L590Aii
2013: L590AX
2016: L590AXii

So in last 20 years the longest between models was 5 years (two most recent revs just 3 years), and we are at that 5 year mark now since release of current model. So kinda torn on what to do....
I hope there won’t be any planned replacement for the L-590AXII and wish that it will stand the test of time after Luxman realise it’s so good a replacement model isn’t required 😝
Having said that, the pattern surely suggests that the upcoming model is due anytime now, delayed perhaps due to the pandemic making its presence felt last year. Or, it was never in the pipeline in the beginning..

Either way, it doesn’t negate the fact that the L-590AXII is a great integrated at its price point. I am aware things will not remain the same all the time and will change (or replaced in this case) at one point or another. Cars, electronics, and hifi. Nevertheless, it is wise to wait a little longer for the new replacement model if there is interest, and when it’s eventually introduced to the market the sound quality will be on par if not better than the current model.