New Dynaudio Heritage Special..?..!

Does anyone know anything about these speakers?
just launched last week.
only 2500 made. $7000 or so in US.
Looks like an old Contour, but has all the components of the Confidence.
sounds like the ultimate monitor.

I have Special 40s and now am envious..😉

anyone hear anything?

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/heritage/heritage-special

ianrmack
@wjob, I'm considering purchasing the Heritage Specials.  You mentioned that these are the best monitors you've ever heard.  What monitors have you experienced prior (owning or testing)?

How would you describe the tonality of the upper midrange and the bass? I love a little of the V curve (tilted up in treble and bass) but mostly desire neutral tone. 

Would you say the speakers work well with most types of music especially orchestral pieces?  My hope is that it has great soundstage that extends beyond the boxes from sided to side and back and front.  Imaging is important to me as well although it doesn't have to etch out and place each instrument or musician in its place.  Could you speak to how the Heritage Specials do with soundstage and imaging?   

Thanks for all your help...your assessment will be super helpful!
I was at a dealer who has had this line f speakers for many many years.  I told him that they were never on my wish list.  He told me that they have now come out with an "i" version of their lineup and he felt that they would sound excellent.  I did not get the opportunity to hear them but they are supposed to be a complete change from the other models and not just an upgraded product for what it is worth.
@bgchiu  - I've heard a good number of monitors - most of the Dynaudio line and several at different price levels from the major brands such as Mission, Elac, and Klipsch.  A few high-end more exclusive brands at dealers that are impressive at first and then...maybe too much of a good thing?  Also several professional powered speakers.

If you want a V-curve, that is not these speakers.  They are basically flat, maybe a little mid-range centric.  Very, very good tone.  Very fast tweeter and woofer - resolution is excellent.  Music that can congest a lesser speaker is well resolved on the Heritage Specials.   Bass is fast; the speakers can give some punch when the track calls for it.  Some music may sound a little thin and you wonder about the bass, then you hear it on the next track.  This makes you realize some of the perceived bass on the previous track was perhaps slower woofers on your old speakers. Treble is not fatiguing - took at least 20 hours to break in though.  These speakers are going to expose what is driving them - if there is harshness in the chain, that is going to come through. The flip side is that if by V-curve you mean you want to hear everything, these will do that without the typical penalty.

They are extremely addictive with the speed and tone - you just want to keep listening.  Driver coherence is excellent as well. Really, it is the 'just one more song' addictive nature to these speakers that is special. I've had them long enough now to know this is not just novelty but are just really satisfying.

I just placed them in my big room system tonight - they've been in my office system.  In the big room (20'x30') they play loud enough and imaging is great - and this without me playing much with placement.  Just put them where my other speakers go and wow, it just works. Speakers disappear with the right track and soundstage extends beyond the speakers.

If you like Dynaudios, I suspect you will like these.  For me they are perfect.
@wjob, thank you for the thorough assessment and breakdown of your experiences with the Heritage Specials.  Your description of each aspect is tipping me over the edge to 'Yes.'  I'm going to schedule an appointment with a local dealer to demo them and will keep you posted!  Enjoy those speakers and please feel free to share how your experience goes!
@bgchiu  - enjoy the demo!  Be sure to give yourself time - when I first listened to them, I thought "this is different."  The speed makes things sound a little different in a way that is hard to describe at first.  Also, note that I bought the Dynaudio Stand 20s with the speakers.  A natural combination.Â