I must be old

Listening tonight to Heavy Weather on first vinyl then CD through a Sonica DAC it occurs to me that there are no pops, the stage separation is larger, the dynamics are larger and the instruments are better defined. My record album is not brand new. It has surface noise. My CD does not. I want to love my vinyl but unless I buy perfect new LPs I cannot tolerate the surface noise or lack of frequency limitations for the sake of euphonic sound. Am I crazy?  Misinformed?  Stupid?  I have been an audiophile for 50 years. 
tgrisham
 Wolf-Garcias, Speaking of clicks and pops.  Many years ago when  Hammond switched from tone generator to solid state on the  B3's the  orginal key clicking sound was added for nostalgia purposes. An on off switch was added. Owned both models and liked eitrher one.   
I prefer to admit that I am a human being, with hearing which ages less if I don't admit it to anyone, but ages still. My ability to enjoy music stems from the fact that I was brought up with classical music and it sounds "right" to me. But many people don't really know about recording and the wishes of the recordist and the mixer to change the sound to whatever THEY want. The methods have changed and the "audiophiles" still argue about this and that, but it is not important. The important thing is enjoying the MUSIC, NOT the recording of the music. I have a system better than my hearing and that is OK with me as I am getting up there in age, but I think that I enjoy the music more than someone who has not owned a recording studio and mixed music.
A Townshend Elite Rock or Rock Reference makes all the difference 😊
+1 nitro