Copland DRC205 digital room correction

Hi, has anybody known or used this new "equalizer"?
It seems a really good product, useful and extremely simple to understand, designed build around a Lyngdorf/Dynaton logic process.I've not found many informations about it, could you tell me how does it work really? Is 205 at the level of TACT or is it sloser to a Behringer DEQ2496???
I would like to try it in my listening room (a square plant room...) but in Italy it is very difficult to find and testing.
Thanks in advance for your support, sorry for my english but I've studied another language at school (and now I have to pay private lessons :-((( , I prefer buying CDs)

Massimo
massimobar
A question for you guys that already have one, since the filter is set from just one microphone position, has it improved or degraded sound from other listening spots? I have my prime spot and two other chairs/sofa that I sometimes use. The useful listening areas all suffer from a 63hz suckout so I'm hoping the correction I apply from my prime spot will improve the sound overall. Have you found that to be the case?

Is the maximum boost you can apply to any one band limited to 6db or is that just the recommended amount to not exceed?

Has anyone run the setup twice to see if the filter setting is repeatable or maybe slightly different?
Thanks all. Since I don't have a tape loop in my pre this is looking more problematic since I listen to both vinyl and digital. Can the Copland only handle one input?
Inputs, Mic. Position and Filter Configuration

Hi Oscar44 and rhljazz,

The Copland has only a single input. However, you could use an input switch such as you might find in an inexpensive passive preamplifier. The volume control would be easy to bypass. I feel your pain. Now that I've decided to keep the Copland, I'm replacing my otherwise satisfactory PS Audio GCC-100.

When I first saw the DRC205 a RMAF, I asked whether the unit limited listeners to a single position. The representative answered that the improvement was audible over a wide area. This has certainly been my experience.

The maximum gain/attenuation for any filter is +/- 6db. That said, this can be applied in addition to the automatic setting which forms the basis for custom curves. I am using two filters (see earlier post) which have more than the recommended gain and Q without ill effect. Of course, since this falls outside the manufacturer's specifications, the usual caveats apply.
Wazmoh, I have the DRC205 connected to my system (Musical Fidelity XRayV3 into DRC205 into Bel Canto S300ui integrated amp) I have tried hooking up to three different computers 1 laptop and 2 desktops all with window XP. I cannot get the computer to connect up with the DRC205. I have tried installing the drivers but the computer never sees the proper files. According to the instructions I should see the installation wizard ask for the "EVAL232 Board USB Serial" software to install the file "ftdiunin.exe" but the computer never shows this. And then the computer is supposed to show installing the "USB Serial Converter" with the file "FTLand.dll". Did your installation go as the instruction show or did you do something different to get the DRC205 to connect to your computer.