30 foot long Balanced Cables to Balanced/RCA Adapters into Amp's Stereo RCA inputs?

I put this under 'cables', and am repeating it here because I always get good help here.

I just bought Blu-Ray player: Oppo BDP-105, arrives in a few days.

Primarily for it's 2 channel audio quality.

It just occurred to me, I could use all of it's audio, video, future streaming features if I:

1. Locate it in the small Home Theater system

2. HDMI to AVR of Home Theater, and

3. Balanced Outputs (audio only): 30 feet to the 2 channel amp in main music system (far end of the same room), use balanced/rca adapters at the amps rca in jacks.

then I could always access/see the menu for audio setup, and use all of it's capabilities

I've never used Balanced Cables.

Advice? Concerns? Avoid doing this!!!

I could buy 50 ft cable for more slack both ends: any reason to keep it to 30 ft?

thanks for any help,

Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
lewm,

IF I stay with the long run, I will probably upgrade to the Jensen.

IF, without a proper transfer box, it defeats the advantage of Balanced, why do they make and sell these? 

https://www.amazon.com/Cardas-Audio-Male-Adapters-MRCA-MXLR/dp/B00VMVJ6K6/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&k...
Those Cardas adapters are excellent quality if you don’t mind a SE connection to an SE device. With the Jensen you retrieve some of the benefits of balanced. I haven’t thought about this in years, so I leave it to Atma-sphere.
Ah, the best made plans of men and mice.

What I learned: How smart I am!

Huh? Yes, smart enough to know a whirlpool bath combined with a mixture of 2 Naproxen and 1 Aspirin helps relieve the pain from the worthless job of hunching over in the crawl space for this worthless attempt.

All went well: into Video system. factory reset, firmware update.

Watched James Taylor mentioned above, excellent video and audio.

Tried Blue Nile CD via 35 ft XLR to Music system. Whoopee, works!

OH NO, infrequent popping noises. I had read that some of the early firmware update(s) were to eliminate popping noises. Latest firmware incorporates all prior fixes. Yet, there they were, before, and infrequently/randomly within the music.

Out, into Music System, interconnects direct to Cayin Integrated Tube Amp. (both Oppo and Cayin have remote volume).

Blue Nile: great, subtly better than current Sony Carosel.

How to describe the difference? You hear the same things, it's all there from both players, yet the Oppo is subtly more precise, not sterile, just like your ears are working a speck better. Perhaps it's the timing, and better coherence of fundamentals to their overtones, I need more time to listen.

The image that comes to mind is rays of light passing thru a Chinese finger Trap. (we loved these things as kids in the 1950's)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_finger_trap

Tight, no light gets thru. Loosen a speck, precise rays of light get thru (Oppo), loosen a speck more, the same light becomes less focused (lesser players).

More listening coming up today, some well known, some SACDs.

Was the problem the clearboxpro? Would the problem be gone if I used the Jensen? Given the history of firmware to solve pops, I think not.

I'm glad I tried. Thanks to all for their knowledge and advice.

Elliott
what choice would you have made, 22 awg or 16 awg?
The balanced cables we use typically have 20ga conductors. Over 50 feet and the impedances usually used in balanced lines the difference in DCR wouldn't amount to anything.