New Stereo Times review on CODA CSiB Integrated Amplifier

My fellow Stereo Times staff reviewer, Richard Willie, has written a superlative review on the Coda CSiB Integrated that has just been posted on the website. Richard does a great job of describing the new "house" sound of this generation of Coda gear, an excellent analysis of the world class build quality of Coda gear, and a very interesting comparison of the Coda CSib to the Pass Labs XA-30.8. A fun read!

amorstereo
@yyzsantabarbara i like “amp rolling” as a new tweak option!

and I’m glad we can get over “best” for a moment and just appreciate the differences 
I own both Pass Labs and Coda amps...the XA-25 and Coda 08 & 07x. Their both excellent of course in their own right. It’s really down to personal preference. 
Coda 08 has a lot more power and control over the bass region. effortless, super responsive and zero harshness.The 07x rich with timbral color, dynamic and information-rich yet is also non-fatiguing. I use the 07x with my LM-508ia to great effect. 

I do still own the XA-25 because it’s that good. ;)
Normally dont go for Neutral/Bass Weight Heavy amps but was intrigued enough to read the review and was surprised at the last statement  " I love the sound of the CSiB and really don't want to change a thing. Doug Dale (Owner of CODA) assures me that the FET 07x Preamplifier and No. 8 Amplifier combination are very close in sound to the CSiB (if not identical) "
So if they are identical or close to it why would somebody buy the separates for 2-3X the price of the Integrated? (Especially if they already dumped the Coda Integrated they previously owned??).  If I owned the company I certainly wouldnt make a statement like that. Whats the incentive to move up the line?  Just sayin.
Agreed. If that quote is accurate from the owner of Coda then the 07x and 08 separates are very overpriced if their performance in combo is no better than the csib. It might also mean the csib is a relative bargain 
Doug made it plain in his quote that the csib is "close in sound" to the separates.. but it is "not identical" in sound...close does not mean exactly the same. What the separates bring to the table is a more refined sound presentation...but like all things high end...for a price.