Adjustable Spring Bass Traps

If a standard basket / cone speaker can produce a certain frequency, can the same design collect a certain frequency?

I want to design an "Adjustable Spring Bass Trap", with passive radiators as the collectors..  I need to do some tinkering.

We use to call something that took vibration and surge out of hydraulics an accumulator or better known as a shock absorber.

I have a pair of 12 cubic foot columns 1.5" thick 60 x 22 x 18".

I have 8 12s, 4 15s and 4 18" high excursion radiators. I think 1 12, 1 15" and 1 18" will do the job.

I think if they were concave with no dust cap or inverted dust caps that would improve collection.

Do I port the the passive radiator? Seems weird to port a port, or will the box just collect bad BASS so to speak?

Do I hang dingle berries inside to dampen the "BAD BASS"? I'm thinkin', I think.. Could just be my OCD kickin'

1/2" rubber rope inside going through eyelets, 20 or 30 will do. Terminate the rubber rope with hog rings or zip ties.
Can I adjust the rubber rope to collect "Bad Bass" too?

An IB design, a ported design, and active design, that uses an active speaker to react to "BAD BASS"?

Me the dog and the rabbit (Junior) got an idea, I haven't let the chickens in on yet.. 

What do you think? 
oldhvymec
Post removed 
Just wondering Oz your plans for, well assuming you are able to trap some bass, then what? Trophy size I suppose taxidermy, small fry get the skillet?
I’ll look I’ve found two types that are adjustable.

One of them only does one frequency at a time and takes 6-8 for 2400 CF. That’s a typical 300 foot floor X 8 foot ceiling. A lot of listening rooms are close to that..

The second one I found does 3 frequencies but the guy QUIT making them... 900.00 a pop too. Two would have worked perfect with a few wall panels two 6 foot HEAVY drapes (floor to ceiling) on the side walls and a rear wall mods (2 x 36" French doors) opened and HEAVY corner drapes drawn to cover the doors faces.. The panes of glass actually work pretty good.. High ten glass 6 x 8 pains with actual mahogany hard wood dividers for 16 panes.

Down to making corner adjustable traps or MAKING something for sure..

The 12CF subs got some HUGE sides... 60H x 18W x 22D. 4 actually.

I know there is a way to make GREAT muffler for Gods Sakes.. I’m a mechanic.. I can sure make noise.. NOW to quiet STUFF down.

Besides I’m still thinking vent the noise into water. The bubbles can double as an antistatic reducer and moisture therapy for my lungs.. :-)

Back to Murdock Mysteries

Regards
Alternative approach - Put together a large array of noise canceling headphones modified with an adjustable low pass filter.
Post removed