How much difference in Sound quality can be expected from different streamers?

I would appreciate very much in obtaining advice on the SQ from different Streamers. I am currently using a good quality vintage DAC (Altis Reference) connecting to Roku 4 (using its Tosslink out to a simple coaxial converter which connects to the coaxial “in” of the DAC). When comparing the SQ of the exact same artist/music through first  CD setup( CECTL0 connecting to the DAC) or second setup (Oppo 105 to DAC) vs ROKU 4 accessing Tidal Master level  at 48KHz, both CD systems provided better SQ with CECTLO the best. I was reading with interest on the forum (4/2/2021)  on DAC and found out that the SQ from different decent DAC does not appear to vary too much; the new DAC may offer connection convenience, but not necessarily SQ. More likely, different CD player or Transport can provide a more obvious difference in SQ than different DAC, like what I had experienced.  Thus I am very interested to seek advice from those who had experience in comparing different streamers. Can high end streamers when accessing Tidal Master level produce much better SQ than Roku 4 if connected to my DAC(at sampling rate of 48KHz)? If so, which ones would you recommend?

moses189
@jbuhl,

Speaking of shoboat90, he couldn’t discern any difference between the stock Sonos Connect and Node2i either....Oh well. 
@lalitk yes, you're correct...when using the digital out through the same DAC, couldn't hear a discernible difference that would warrant spending the extra dough on the Node 2i.  That said, when comparing the analog outs of both devices.....no contest, Node2i all the way.
I really wanted to be blown away by the Wyred4Sound modified Sonos because  I love the Sonos platform.  Next up is the Orchard Audio Pecan Pi...if the sound quality is as good as the reviews say, i may need to suck it up and deal with Volumio.
Here’s my pecking order among the different streamers I own: sonos zp90, auralic Aries, lumin M1, Roon Nucleus, Soundware 300ref (more of a reclocker with roon capabilities), lumin S1, Grim MU-1. The arrival of the Grim has led me to say goodbye to Vinyl.  It is that good! 

Here’s my pecking order among the different streamers I own: sonos zp90, auralic Aries, lumin M1, Roon Nucleus, Soundware 300ref (more of a reclocker with roon capabilities), lumin S1, Grim MU-1. The arrival of the Grim has led me to say goodbye to Vinyl.  It is that good!

That's interesting. Isn't the M1 a digital input integrated amplifier with Class-D amplification (even though they say all digital which Class-D is not). It streams, but is not a streamer. How can you compare those to the others? ....