How good is the Micro Seiki DDX-1000 Direct Drive turntable ?

Here is the MICRO DDX-1000 direct drive. Never tried myself, but it is the most compact DD designed for 3 tonearms.

*The question is how good this turntable really is, compared to some other vintage Direct Drives ?

Some information from VintageKnob website:  

The DDX-1000 is the original design, with two sculpted strobe markings around the 2kg / 31cm die-cast aluminium platter. The resulting moment of inertia is at 330kg / cm2 and the top mat in fact covers a thick cork sub-mat set inside the platter itself.

The DDX-1000, in real late 70s modernism is a direct-drive. The motor is a DC-Servo with FG frequency generator reference set through the strobe neon lamp which "checks" how many stripe it sees and rectifies if necessary ; the resulting speed accuracy is of 0,03%.

The starting torque is of 1,2kg / cm and load characteristics allow the DDX-1000 to remain below 0,04% deviation up to a 3g load set at the outer limit of the platter - specs-wise, we're here under the contemporary Sony TTS-8000 for instance...

The heigh-adjustable feet are typical Micro Seiki (or Luxman, of course :) and contain a mix of inert damping (neoprene stuffing) and mechanical damping (spring).

The is no Quartz Lock on the DDX-1000 ; the MD-1000 power-supply box holds the power on/off, start 33rpm, start 45rpm and stop buttons plus two ± 6% speed controls.

The AX-1G to AX-6G tonearm bases fit everything from the ubiquitous SMEs to the Technics EPA-100 or PUA-1600L.

Of course, the motor of the DDX was used as basis for the Marantz Tt 1000 (1979), and that of the DQX-1500 (an updated DQX-1000) for the Tt 1000 mkII (1992). And, as often, Micro's direct-drive motors came from... Victor.

DDX-1000/G :

April 1976 limited edition (really limited : 30 units) custom made in... bronze. Howerever, it is black-looking for the most part, with the bronze only kept visible for the top of the three feet ; the platter was kept in AL and the command box was anodized in all-black style ; even the AX-1/G was in-bronze-but-painted-black...
Names of the people they were made for (and offered to - these were gifts !) were silkscreened on the (bronze...) motor's cache (...but painted black) - a rarity to say the least.

The DDX-1000 naturally spawned a myriad of lookalikes and still does today - perhaps better than the original, perhaps not. Or not that much :) 

128x128chakster
I know very well what it is, thanks.I guess you know there is one on USA eBay right now for $23,000, coming from one of the known Japanese sellers, or perhaps he’s in Hong Kong.
He’s not Japanese. I bought from Alex Tan before, my SP-10 mkII was from his vault. Just like another member of this forum, Alex (who’s not a member) often selling refurbished cartridges without even mentioning they are refurbished, so I don’t trust anymore (it was long time ago).

Realistic price is under $10k, but only in Japan. Not my price category anyway. 
I don't know if this Thread is the Best Place to discover the Link.

My recent posts on this Thread touch base with some of the information to be found in the Posts within the Link.
If the Syringe Method is a actual working method for Cleaning the  Bearing Housing Sintered Bronze Bushes Pores, then this is a great tip, 
and a new one to me.
I have only seen Sintered Bronze Bushes treated as a submerged part  with a Electric Vacuum Pump producing the Vacuum and releasing the Blockages of the Pores in the Metal.   

https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=37812.0;topicseen
Just so I can enter the contest, my Lenco is seated in a 65-lb slate plinth.  The Lenco bearing is long gone, replaced by a massive aftermarket bearing made by someone called Jeremy in the UK.  The platter has been spray painted with a dampening material.  The Lenco tonearm is a piece of history along with the original plinth.  Currently using a Dynavector DV505.  The motor is driven by a Phoenix Engineering Eagle power supply that is speed-regulated by a PE Roadrunner tachometer.  The only Lenco parts are the modified platter, the idler wheel, which I prefer to the various aftermarket idler wheels for its lighter mass, the idler arm, and the motor itself.  All those Lenco parts came from an NOS OEM Lenco L75 that I was able to source from Canada in its original box unopened, for $500.  Just because my total investment in this kit is probably less than the cost of a refurbished EMT DD or idler does not convince me it is not as good as or maybe better than some of those EMT options.  But I am in no position to make such a claim, not having heard an EMT.  What I wonder about is the EMT tonearm and the built-in phono stage, which was early era transistor technology.  The Lenco drives a Manley Steelhead, with slight mods by me.