Maggie LRS so ridiculously good

I ordered a set of the LRS just to be able to say I have lived with Maggies at least once.  I've had a lot of speakers and some big dog expensive ones like Kef Blade and Revel Salon 2 to name a couple.  These 650 dollar LRS bring as much enjoyment as anything I've ever heard in so many ways.  They don't love hard driving music for sure but for quiet listening or mellow type music they will give you transcendent moments.  I swear they are breaking in or something and becoming a little more dynamic than when brand new.  These have to be one of the greatest hifi bargains of all time.  My 30 watt Pass 30.8 drives them well.  I had 3.6 maggies many years ago and I snubbed them, thought they were so compressed sounding but maybe I was wrong or not using the right amp.  These are just wow and so impressive what you can get for the money.  I have a feeling a killer amp is a big part of the equation with these but even with a Naim Uniti Atom in a smaller space these are still awesome.  This has to be the ultimate apartment speaker for someone who can't turn it up very loud and likes to listen late and night, you can really enjoy these at very low levels.  Anyway I just wanted to put my enthusiasm on public record, if you are thinking of pulling the trigger do it and also give them some time don't write them off to quickly.  I wish I had a separate space so I could always have a set of maggies ready to listen to when the mood and music was just right.  
128x128ejlif
@optimize I could not have stated it better.

Look. I don't have my shop any more, so I have no skin in this at all, but what I learned, given that I could lock the door and LISTEN to every speaker of any quality on the market at the time for as long as I wanted to, was that Jim Winey had discovered something amazing.  No matter WHAT speaker I tried with the best hardware sources--master tapes run down to home r-t-r, Sheffield recordings, even a tape my old band made in the studio, there was NO comparison, period.

OK, I do exaggerate a bit.  Robert Fulton had a speaker--I think the Fulton 100--that was AMAZING for a box.  Not sure what or how he did it--only met him once at the old CES in the 1970's, but told him that as he was entertaining many other dealers at the time.  So yes, there was a good box out there then and I am certain that today, given the hard work many others have done, that there are boxes that are not bad.  (I do find it interesting that today's designers seem to like very tall boxes--wonder where they got THAT idea??).  BUT, Maggies reveal everything, and as you posted, they are capable of providing "hifi nirvana;" what more can you ask for?

Cheers, and happy music listening!
FYI: If you want a sub with Maggies you need a fast efficient sub for music, not home theater. 
Three Cheers for the LRS! Clarity, clarity, clarity! If you need super dynamics, look elsewhere; but if you want to know what people and instruments sound like - order a pair today. Definitely the best buy in speakers. If you can put them well out in the room, you will get bass enough to cover big band & double bass jazz & folky music with no problem. I'm working on building downward firing subwoofers to go under them. Happy listening. 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8UbSsnRfKF4gt5L76 My 1.7i with CCR center and .06 rear I have been revisiting 5.1 music and it has been a dream. I run two subs and don’t have an issue with Rock and metal. I am giving them 525 WPC using class D amps. Here is an example keep in mind it’s recorded on a phone but with headphones you will here the bass is solid. Flim and the BBs Tricycle test
I purchased the LRS when it was first released. I use it with a Classé DR-9 amplifier and I added MagnaRiser stands. A few observations:
1) I spent many hours minutely adjusting the positions, both from the rear and side walls and "toe-in". As legions of others have observed, positioning is critical. I ended up using the formula on the Cardas Audio Room Set-Up page and it seems pretty good to me.
2) With the DR-9 and a Mytek Brooklyn DAC + listening volumes can range from very pleasant to simply deafening. The DR-9 outputs 400 wpc into 4 ohms if I recall correctly.
3) The sound stage is quite good, bordering on convincing realism with some recordings. Maybe these speakers are super-revealing or there's some other shortcoming in my system, but I've observed that a significant number of vinyl, streamed and CD recordings are rather "brassy". On a smaller subset of recordings (e.g., the vinyl of, "The Harvest and the Harrow" by Welch/Rawlings), the speakers perform marvelously well. For context, I use a VPI-HW 19/Mørch UP-4 arm/Sumiko Blue Point #2, an NAD CD (forgot the very long model number) as a transport and I stream music from Tidal using Audirvana.

4) At least for me, the bass is fairly anemic. I don't have a sub-woofer. I prefer chamber music and vintage small group jazz, so that hasn't been a major problem (but, I continue to look for used REL sub-woofers, since these supposedly work well with the LRS).
So, in my opinion, these are well worth the price. I suspect that with a more sophisticated system than my own, they would reveal their full capacity.