Habeth SHL5 tweeter and supertweeter models

Hi everyone,

As my question has been censored on the Harbeth User Group (HUG), I'll ask it to you. What are the tweeter and supertweeter models used in the Harbeth SHL5 speaker? I know that they are from SEAS, but I'd like to have the exact models.

Thank you,

Sébastien
128x128sebastienl
Sometimes, they are fast on the censorship on the HUG. Once, I ask how many SHL5 speakers were build in Harbeth's history and I was treated like I asked a highly top secret army information...

Anyway, about the tweeter and supertweeter, is there anyone who can confirm which model of SEAS it is?

Sébastien
I can't imagine the designer not being able to help out with your question if you really need to know the model of the SEAS tweeter, presumably to facilitate a replacement. It's a shame really as Harbeth can always send you a private message or something. I'm afraid the designer may be the only person who is in the best position to advise on this subject. Or probably someone who has opened up the speaker and looked at the drivers.

For what it's worth, I did not post on HUG as frequently as I used to since they started this active moderation whereby each and every post will need to go through the moderator before they appear on the forum. Sometimes posts made by forummers are edited by the moderator before they show up on the page. Personally I'm little perturbed by this overly-protective policy they are practicing.

Sorry I can't be of any help.
Hi Ryder,

I understand you and the reason why you "...did not post on HUG as frequently as I used to since they started this active moderation...". I feel a little bit the same. I'm always wondering what will go on with my post. Sometimes they didn't appear, sometimes they are modified, sometimes they are intact.

In the end, I think that's bad for Harbeth's publicity.

Still wondering the models of the tweeter and supertweeter, not for replacement but to better understand the design.

Sébastien
This is all I've ever been able to find about the tweeter / super tweeter from 6 Moons.

"a custom SEAS 25mm aluminum dome tweeter and a SEAS 20mm titanium dome supertweeter"
Hi Don,

That was the information I had, probably from the same review from 6 Moons. Then I search on SEAS's site, but I haven't found the exact products yet.

Sébastien