Warning: China-Hifi-Audio.com

I just wanted to pass along some concerns with this dealer. 

I ordered a tube amp a couple weeks ago that was shown in stock (actually listed as a discounted customer return). and after 8 days of waiting for a shipping notification I asked about the status and was told it was delayed because the owner had to verify his UPS account. ??? They listed DHL Fedex and UPS as shipping services with 3 - 7 day delivery time for the $595 shipping charge I paid.

Since that response I have asked several times to cancel the order and even thru Paypal communications but am now being ignored. No refund and no shipment. So now it is in Paypal claim and I will be waiting many more days to see a refund.

Very disappointing experience with this dealer.

calieng
I’m absolutely shocked how many people in this thread are saying they’ve bought amps from China. I wouldn’t hook up a free amp from China to my speakers (out of fear of damaging them), let alone purchase one. No offense intended to anyone, but frankly standards have to be extremely low to even consider 99.9% of Chinese amps, particularly with the outrageous shipping charges cited that could partially go towards the price of an amp manufacturer of trust. There are way too many quality amps at various price ranges to justify even considering China for anything other than Dollar Store grade throw away items. Start a search with forum recommendations on Audiogon and Stereophile reviews. There is a reason respected publications to my knowledge never even review amps from China. I read the most pathetic sole “review” of the model that started this thread that didn’t even attempt to talk about the most important factor that matters - sound quality. Instead it was Amazon ratings and appearance from a “reviewer” that clearly knew nothing about audio. Huge red flag.
Look folks, there are some simple rules you must always follow when engaging in our hobby:
1. When purchasing anything from anyone you don’t have a good multi transaction history with in the US, always pay with credit card or PayPal/credit card and American Express is the best IMO in standing behind the customer when disputing a charge. 2. When buying overseas, no matter the history or whatever ALWAYS pay with a credit card or PayPal/credit card. 3. Even when paying PayPal f/f always pay with credit card and pay the fee to do so. The peace of mind is worth it. 4. Do not buy from China Hifi and pay exorbitant BS shipping no matter what. 5. Most of the stuff from China Hifi can be bought either from Apos or Amazon. If you don’t like you return it to Amazon. Easy. If you bought it and you need to return it to China well you deserve what you get. You rolled the dice and lost. 6. There are reputable Chinese dealers that you can trust. But still pay with credit card. Normally the shipping from these dealers is either free or reasonable. Examples: Vinshine Audio (Denafrips), and Jay’s Audio. There are others. But still use a credit card always. You need a good credit card company standing behind you.
7. Do not deal with low or no feedback people on eBay, Agon and usaudiomart. They have low feedback for a reason. Steer clear. 8. Does this mean avoid Chinese products? No. Your iPhone is made in China as well as half the things in your house. I bought a Boyuurange A50 Mk3 300B tube amp just for kicks because Steve Gutenberg loved it. I got it from Amazon with an Amazon credit card. As it turns out. I love this thing! Such a deal. But if it hadn’t worked out. I either take it to Kohl’s or UPS and I’m done with it and my $ comes back. That is worth any extra cost. If you don’t take these precautions the money you think you’re “saving” will be spent on your time chasing down the seller, PayPal etc. Not worth it. Be smart. Good luck. 
Bummer to hear. I actually bought a small item on that website and, while the whole thing felt a bit janky, my merchandise arrived and everything was fine. 
Although the USA might not be much better, I have learned NOT to buy from overseas companies.