Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
Lets see, a lot of big skylights, you throwing rocks....Hmmm.
That's illegal! Enjoy that state of the art Pioneer DV 414 player. After all, it is almost as good as your close to $700,000 system.
Hifihv, I said 'he, who lives in glass houses" referring to you, my friend.
You wish for 'privacy' which is why you don't post a system.....Sure.
The Pioneer in that thread belonged to a friend, which IF you bothered to read the thread is exactly what it said.
I'm done responding to you...you have a nice day.
I'm done responding to you...you have a nice day.
Janeb (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Thank you. I will.
Does anybody know if Sumiko has changed this policy?

I bought a pair of used SF Concertos at Audiogon around 2001. About 4 years later, one tweeter started to produce noise. Through my local dealer, I contacted Sumiko and they were nice to repair it (with my paying the cost, of course). I can't explain exactly what the problem was, but they replaced the crossover. About 4 years after the initial repair, the same problem occured again. This time, Sumiko wouldn't repair it because they couldn't find the record of the original sale. I tried to contact the seller from 8 years earlier, but couldn't reach her. I can't play or sell them, so I am forced to permanently retire them in the closet. The argument like "Sumiko told us the policy" or "Speakers don't break" apply to my case (they once serviced it!!!). In addition to my ~1K expense, the original labor and materials for crafting these gorgeous speakers have been wasted. It is a shame.

Alternatively, if there is any third-party service that could repair these speakers, please let me know. Thank you.
Should have read...

The argument like "Sumiko told us the policy" or "Speakers don't break" DOES NOT apply to my case