Most harsh/shrill sounding speakers (vintage)

Aside from the Yamaha NS-10M Studio Monitor, what are the worst sounding speakers that can make your ears bleed and provoke listening fatigue instantly even at a reasonably low volume. Speakers that are too bright, too snappy, too "honest", y'know, speakers that just sound like crap. The worst sounding speakers ever, if there is anything worst than the Yamaha NS-10. 
scarede2
@asvjerry 
....then, how did you come to own a Cyrus if it did that? A youthful exuberance that, like some, went from 10+ to -0 ?
I had a dealer. It was hyped in the press. Dealer loaned it out. Dealer took it back. ;-)
Those speakers went from the the worst to fantastic
The reason I mentioned a harsh amp rather than speakers is that it's often the accompanying equipment that can make a speaker sound bad. Remember: Source > amplification > speaker.
noromance, well at least that episode ended acceptable....’cept for said dealer. *G*

You can’t always not get what you don’t want, sometimes....or something like that....

BTW, good morning...another miserable day in Paradise. *L*
Ears are not technical instruments.

They come with *generally similar design* in the physical sense, and *generally similar* connection to the brain, and then *uniquely hand built as one individually grows* interpretation and design/build-out of the FFT filtering and signal recognition system. Then the point about how neural wiring is complex and also tied to general intelligence and differences between individuals, where ’ear-Q’ is a thing, akin to ’IQ’...and the range of differences in individuals.

And it’s all about our emotions, the rocking out to the tunes.. so to disparage the other person’s choices and hearing becomes a deep personal insult, either being cast or received, whether meant to be -or not. To the point that some to many require some sort of external validation from others (and suffer forms of emotional rejection and further emotions), as we are wired that way.

Which is what makes uniform agreement impossible. All due to the above realities written of in this post.

Which means that hardcore argument is the least one can expect in high fidelity audio gear discussions.

Technical discussion has merit, great or high merit, critical, no less ...as it is the only figure that offers a channel for transferable repeatability and thus improvement via testing and build.... but it is not the arbiter of discussions on how things sound. It simply cannot be, when any form of logic in analysis is applied to the entire data package.
NHT 2.9 – They were hailed as a High End speaker for a budget price, in the early ’90s. The closest rival, sonically, cost $6K at the time.
But the metal tweeters are like a dentist’s drill. Two minutes is all I can take.
I’m told I can get silk-dome, drop-in replacements for peanuts – but I’ve been lazy.
It’s a slick-looking black-lacquer line-array floorstander rated from 26Hz–26KHz, 87dB @ 6Ω — and I only paid $225 at a thrift shop. Mint.
I should at least try, right?