compliance

I noticed something quite interesting as I acquired more collections of tonearm and carts 

talking about medium compliance first. at tracking force 1.75 to 2.0 carts line contacts  easily tracks and do any condition vinyl without igd. slightly less detailed. 

high compliance 1.25g  to 1.5g line contact gets picky with the quality of vinyl. but when it's great vinyl condition it's great. or it will distort or sometimes mistrack. Epa100 tonearm. 

what do you think. or did I miss something in the high compliance? 
anthonya
Chak, please don’t take it personally when I react to your frequent recommendations of vintage high end MM and MI cartridges for neophytes to go out and buy. I just think that for the unsophisticated buyer those cartridges can disappoint due to age and/or previous abuse that is not readily apparent. Moreover, none of them is inexpensive, if you can even find them these days.
In fact I do own most of the cartridges you named plus some others from that golden era that you never mention. And I do love them too.
@chakster  : ""  So many people were brainwashed by that old MM thread, but Technics appeared to be the worst cartridge and even the OP of that old thread was using ONLY refurbished samples, not the original samples    """

even you was " brainwashed because you learned about those cartridges through that long thread and what by first hand experiences a lot of audiophiles with very good/high knowledge levels posted, even today you has not that kind of knowledge quality levels.

In the other hand your statement :   ""  ONLY refurbished samples, not the original   """

is totally false and a big lie and you know very well is a lie because here in my country the Audio Technica CEO was and is my friend and all the top of the line MM and MC cartridges just after it realese I bougth it from him ( way before those cartridges been in USA or Europe. ). My 180 totally new and original but I bought from AT not only the best cartridges but the ones by its associated Signet and I bougth from my friend not only cartridges but: tonearms, SUTs like the AT1000T that comes with not to independent transformers but 4 transformers weigth 8kg., all mats, clamps, footers cables cleaning LP/stylus products and even dozens of Telarc LPs where AT was the exclusive world distributor.

About Technics cartridges ( and you know very well. ) I found out a source for NOS 7 samples of the EPC100CMK4 and shared in that thread and seven of us bougth it immediatly, time latter one of the owners ( with a top room/system. Not like your mediocrity/average you own. ) and me needed to fix the cartridges and I contact directly with my friends at VDH ( this Technics cartridge is the cartridge reference for DR. AJ Vdh him self. ) and we sended and when return to us both cartridges performed better than the original with a way better stylus shape even the other gentleman posted that his fixed Technics performs better than his Lyra Atlas !.  @anthonya I can help you about any time but I can see you already have a good gentlemans to fix cartridges and tonearms, good.

All my Empire cartridges as the great 4000D3 are original as are too the Astatic, Stanton/Pickering, AKG, Acutex but the flat nose model but the stylus is a NOS replacement and I can go on and on about.

So stop to spread your lies about me.

You are a really dishonest person because you post in Agon because you are a seller that avoid to pay the Agon fees for sale advertasing that other gentlemans make and you take advantage of the good faith of Agon.

Your posts in this forum always are to promote the cartridges/tonearm you have on sale that by " coincidence " are the best out there and that always outperforms any other vintage or today cartridge designs.
This is totally dishonest..

If you follow spreading poson against me I will take action for Agon can banned you and I have the proves for they can do it. I don't care about you but I care of what you post about me.

In the other side every single post where you follow posting that the cartridge you are selling outperforms everything I will post that is not true and I will post why is not true.

@lewm  is totally rigth but he is a polite gentleman.

R.
Dear @anthonya : Due that you have a very good technician for tonearms you can make a truly high quality up-date/graded to your EPA 100 tonearm with a better internal wiring and you can use this one that's great:

https://www.zavfino1877.com/4litz3ag-pure-silver-tonearm-re-wire-kit

from the same manufacturer it's a must that all your removable headshells has way better quality headshell wires because the cartridge signal must pass through those wires and you need that that sensible recording MUSIC signal suffers the least posible degradation:

https://www.zavfino1877.com/cryogoldheads

Btw, talking of the AKG P25MD exist a model with the same cartridge motor that instead the analog 6 stylus comes with VDH and the model is name it VDH.

The best AKG ever and even better than any other MM/MI cartridges ( including Technics, Grace, or whatever. ) but the Astatic 2500 or ADC 26/27 ( that are at same level but with different presentation . ) is the AKG P100LE.

That AKG comes with a mechanism integrated at the cartridge body to make VTA/SRA changes. I was lucky enough and for the same seller in switzerland I bougth two samples and latter on one was sold.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
@rauliruegas I would look into getting a stylus akg.. it checked alot on my list. very deep stage very insightful great rhythm and swing. but I'm over budget for the month.. got to pull a deep breath. 

I need to rewire my Kenwood ill look into the 1877. what's a good copper recommendation? my system don't often go well with silver.alll solid state
Dear @anthonya : Let me tell you that my electronics system is all SS and those 1877 wires performs great and with out any drawback but if you prefer cooper then from 1877:

https://www.zavfino1877.com/5litz7-33awg-tonearm-wire-

Btw, yes AKG are really good, better than we can expect.
R.