Move on from my Bryston BDA-1?

Given the advancement in DAC technology would I achieve a noticeable (started to say significant) improvement in audible performance by upgrading from my current (but early generation) Bryston BDA-1? I am hesitate on the assumption that the internals of the Bryston (e.g., power supplies, output stage) are still hi-grade but understand the CS-4398 chips have been surpassed. I should mention in the system I stream from a Bluesound Node 2i (and in another use an identical streamer with a Topping D90 DAC). 
sadbird
I should add the main system is modest  As said Bluesound Node 2i streaming to the Bryston DAC wvia a Cardas Lightning coax cable then Kimber Kable Hero RCA interconnects to an NADC165BEE preamp with Wireworld Oasis 5 RCAs feeding a vintage Adcom GFA 5500 amplifier ending with DH Labs Q10 Silver Sonic bi-wire speaker cables to a pair of Totem Forest speakers. Thanks for your comments.
Hello dsands!
Been using Bryston BDA-1 with Bluesound kit since 2014. I think it is still a very capable DAC. Its USB input is somewhat limited, but with Bluesound kit that is a non-issue. I'm currently using mine in a second system with a Bluesound Node. But BDA-1 came out something like 2009.  And when it came out it was absolutely killer. There has been a lot of development since then.  DAC years are like dog years in my view. In my main rig upgraded to a Chord Qutest in 2019. For me the upgrade was worth it. Sonically it was a definite improvement.  To my ears less analytical than the Bryston.  And for me the USB capability was a must, first for use with a Melco N1A, and since last year streaming directly from a Roon Nucleus.  I am now also taking advantage of the Chord's DSD capability. But certainly not looking to knock the BDA-1, it remains a very good sounding piece.
Why not put the Topping D90 into the main rig and compare? I personally have a tough time spending more than $3K for a new DAC, I would look at $1500 DACs first because a lot of new DACs priced in this range are excellent.

I would think I would prefer the Topping D90 over the older Bryston. I use my Matrix Mini-i-3 Pro are a comparable to the Topping D90.

How good is the Bryston handling jitter?
What kind of 'noticeable' difference are you looking for? A component that sounds different when may not be a true improvement.  If wanting to add a little more air or bloom try a DAC with tube output stage. MHDT (several models, $600 - $2000) ) or Audio Mirror (basic-$1500) are two you might look into. What is your budget?

The BDA-1 is a good DAC, having a solid power supply and quality analog output stage. I owned one, sold it for the Audio Mirror Tubadour III with mods. Looking to add tube sound into my system.