Pontus, Brooklyn+ or Benchmark 3? Pros and Cons

I’m interested in upgrading my current DAC, a Benchmark 1, to one of: a) Denafrips Pontus;  b) Brooklyn DAC Plus;  c) Benchmark 3   I am currently using my Benchmark 1 without a preamp, streaming TIDAL from a Bluesound Vault, and would like to continue that setup. I realize this will mean I’d need to add volume control to the Pontus, but that shouldn’t be a big problem. Other than that, have any of you heard these three DACs (or 2 of the 3), so you could give me your impressions on how they compare? Amp is a newly refurbished McCormack DNA-1 Gold (with Gravity Base Jr and other add-ons; love this amp) and speakers are Usher Mini-Dancer Two’s.
128x128cheeg
@yyzsantabarbara @kijanki Thank you both for the additional detail on changing the level match between the B3 and the AHB2.  If volume is the only issue, I'm tempted to try the B3; if there is a problem at low levels, I can always try a Lightspeed attenuator.  It sounds like neither of you have tried the RCA outputs from the B3, since the AHB2 only has XLR inputs; my DNA-1 only has RCA's, but as long as I keep my lines short I doubt that will be an issue.  Thanks again!
I actually use both XLR and RCA on the DAC3B to 2 different preamps (or integrated amps). At least until a few days ago and I now only have 1 preamp left, the HPA4. Next week I will again have 2 preamps and the RCA output on the DAC3B will  be hooked up to the second preamp.

I also use the Benchmark gear in the recommended configuration with the 24 dBu+ signal. The RCA is considered the poor cousin in terms of connectivity by Benchmark. They strongly recommend XLR throughout.
https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/balanced-vs-unbalanced-analog-interfaces

I know you were asking about connecting to a amp. I the HGC has both RCA and XLR outputs so you could have both of your amps connected to the HGC at the same time.

I strongly recommend you try the LA4 or HPA4 in the chain for FREE with the 30 day home trial. I thought it was a big deal to put the preamp into the chain. I have owned DAC2 HGC, DAC3 HGC, and DAC1. The very best sound is with either of those 2 preamps in the chain.
My listening tests with both DAC3B outputs used at the same time did not show any problems. I also spoke with Rory Rail at Benchmark on this type of setup and he said a lot of customers have both RCA and XLR connected at the same time.

I tried to have both my RCA and XLR connected at the same time on my Audio Mirror DAC and that was a no go. Even the designer told me that it likely will not work, it did not. The sounds was not good.
@yyzsantabarbara PS: I just noticed you didn't say anything about the B3 HGC with headphones; how did that go?  I'm thinking about getting the L model so I can get an analog input, and save a few hundred dollars.
@yyzsantabarbara I just read your two posts after sending my "PS" -- I think you misunderstood; I don't have two amps, just the one modded DNA-1.  Unfortunately, when I did the mod, I didn't think it would be worth it to add XLR inputs, so I will have to live with my RCA inputs unless I get a different amp.  I really like this amp, and would rather live with its RCA limitations.  I am using the RCA outputs on my B1 now, and I don't detect any noise (beyond a little tinnitus, which XLRs won't help), Also, since the RCA outputs on the B3 have lower gain than the XRL outputs, I may not have the volume problem you encountered.  I suspect the only way to tell for sure is to buy one, compare it to the B1, and return it if it's not audibly better.  Fortunately, as you said, Benchmark has a no-risk return policy, which makes the decision a lot easier!