Sony scd xa777es vs scd777es

Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences between these two units (other than their confusingly similar names)? Does either have balanced out? Which is considered to be the better unit? I see that one weighs almost twice as the other and is a top loader perhaps indicating better build quality. I am looking for a solid sony product as I have had good luck with my older es player.

Thanks to all
Gene
gwoodall
Chris

What mis-information (a lot) are you pertaining to please enlighten us.

Chuck
To tidy things up a bit,neither of the 777 units have balanced outputs,but the SCD-1 sure does.End of story,Gary.
Gary

I thought we were already clear on that, but thanks for confirming.

Chuck
I knew you understood Chuck,but there were a few that seemed to be a little confused,so I tried to nip it in the bud.Take care,Gary.
Regarding the "balanced" XLR outputs on the SCD-1. The way this is implemented is reasonably well-known, but just in case you are not completely aware of the method, Allen Wright has this to say:
The complex way SONY do the balanced outputs on the SCD-1 has been commented on here before.

To recap:

1/ The digital signals in the SCD-1 (and all the VC24 based players) are in Balanced format

2/ SONY then convert the Balanced analog signal that appears after their "current pulse" DACs into Unbalanced format, using several opamps

3/ They then filter the signal in Unbalanced format, with more opamps

4/ This Unbalanced signal is then output on the RCA jacks of all these players.

5/ But then, in the SCD-1 only, this unbalanced signal is RECONVERTED to a Balanced format and output on the XLR sockets - using even more opamps!

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hirez/messages/125857.html

Regards,