Looking for input on Legacy Audio speakers purchase.

I have a pair of McIntosh MC611 Mono blocks and I'm considering 2 different setups. 
1. Purchase a McIntosh C2700 Preamp and Legacy Focus SE speakers.
2. Purchase a Wavelet with Aeris speakers.
I have a VPI Scout turntable and a Primare NP5 Prisma streamer using JRiver. I may someday add a PrePro for surround with the C2700 or the Wavelet in bypass mode for music.

wgapel
I don't want a bookshelf speaker. This will be my last speaker. Just concerned Aeris is too big for 15x21 room. Another reason considering Focus SE because I don't think is too big for 15x21. 
You couldn't go wrong with either one I would suppose. The Focus is a fine speaker and I am sure the design and driver changes over the years since I had my old pair, have really improved them. You have copious amount of power to drive them like they should be. Maybe I'm a bit naive but I'm not getting this "too big for the room" thing....... If I had a 10x10 room I would say any large floor-stander might be too big in an overkill way. The reality is that the Focus and Aeris aren't much different in size or potential SPL. The difference to me lies in the design. I think the Aeris is a different animal with the 8" midrange and open baffle. All one could do is try to demo both of them and decide, considering all your personal factors, which is for you. I also would reiterate that the Wavelet is the real deal, tamed my room immensely since my options on room treatments were nonexistent due to WAF. Good luck on your jorney and happy listening!
I recently purchased a c2700 and mc462.  It wasn’t my original plan, but I am thrilled with the combo so far.  It’s not the old McIntosh sound for sure,  Its detailed and yet still smooth and not harsh.  Really really good.

I am a fan of both legacy speakers you mention also.  There is a very good chance if I didn’t have my Salk SS 12s, I would have the focus SE.  
I think it would be a great combo with the 2700.

The Aeris and wavelet will also be great.

I will say the DAC2 in the 2700 is fantastic.  

I think you have to think about if you want processing and room correction via your 2 channel pre amp or not.  The 2700 has more detail than many tube preamps I have heard, which is great yet does add some body and creates a big soundstage.  I love it.

The wavelet is with room correction is likely to be a bit more precise.  Though the  Aeris speakers do sound big.

the c2700... well no debating it looks great!
Problem is can't demo the Focus SE or Aeris in my room (local dealer said no). The reason I bring up the size of my room (15x21) is because I had Martin Logan Summits that worked great in my room. I then went with the CLX and in a minute I realized that they needed a larger room to breathe. Since the Aeris is a different design implementing an open baffle I would think they need a larger room than the Focus SE to breathe.
Anyway, the reason I started this post is to get peoples thoughts on using my McIntosh MC611 amps with Focus Se and McIntosh C2700 preamp vs. Aeris with Wavelet preamp. The size of my room should also be a consideration for anyone's thoughts on the 2 setups I'm considering which I originally forgot to mention in my post.